Register / Login
The world is on sale.
Globus 2020 Earlybird Deal
Asia on sale.
Discover Incredible Hawaiʻi Island.
Byron Bay Luxury.
Sunshine Coast Beachfront.
Canadian Rockies in Style.
Royal Caribbean South Pacific Sale
Europe on sale with Singapore Airlines.
Vanuatu is calling.
Let's see the world with Peregrine Adventures.
24hr domestic flights sale.
Europe Earlybird Sale withNorwegian Cruise Line
New Zealand Cruises with Dream Cruises
All on sale.
Tours & Guided Holidays
HOT Hosted Journeys
Club Med - All-inclusive
Festive European Winter
UK & Europe
USA & Canada
South Africa & Middle East
Business Class flights
The liveliest city in Orange County invites visitors to enjoy golden beaches, eclectic dining, pro-sports and (of course) Disneyland Resort California.
1. Pick n’ mix of fabulous flavours
Because taste buds aren’t content with anything less than exceptional, Anaheim has upped the ante with Anaheim Packing District. This once abandoned warehouse is now a multi-storey food emporium, packed with low-key food stalls, swanky establishments and the artisanal BXCR wine bar. Our favourite eateries include soul food at Georgia’s, Orange Tei’s healthy Japanese and Adya Indian street food. Followed by (or preceded by) a tasty tipple at Anaheim Brewery, located inside the Packard Building just next door.
2. You look like you need a beer
There's nothing better than an ice-cold beer, and with almost two dozen craft breweries freckling the city, the sip of elixir is never far away. The Tasting Room at Legends Craft Brewery is open daily, with handcrafted, all-natural sodas for those abstaining. Anaheim Brewery has a large, sun-drenched beer garden, and OC Brewhouse pours its signature -1.6°C blend from a specialised Blizzard Beer System. But that’s just the beginning. In Anaheim, there’s always someone ready to pour you a cold one.
3. Life’s a beach
Anaheim’s beaches are everything you’d expect from Orange County – long stretches of golden sand, surfers, volleyball and roller skaters. Newport has a strong community vibe and plenty of delicious seafood restaurants: white fish tacos come as standard, as do the surfers straight out of the sea. Huntington is super laid-back but chic too, while Laguna’s Atlantic-thrashed sands are framed by dramatic cliffside. Perfect for revitalising beach walks.
4. Shop a little, shop a lot
Retail therapy is an Anaheim speciality, so save some space in your suitcase. Bargain hunters enjoy The Outlets at Orange, home to more than 120 discount stores, as well as cinemas, casual dining and a Vans Skate Park for non-shopaholics. Daytrips to the Citadel Outlets will save shoppers up to 70% on top brand-names, while those after high-end designers enjoy South Coast Plaza. New Gucci handbag here we come!
5. Disneyland Resort in California. Where magic makes memories.
A must for 2018 and the New Year is the newly opened Pixar Pier featuring four Pixar themed neighbourhoods. To help with excitable kids, the Disney FASTPASS Service reduces wait times at major attractions such as Guardians of the Galaxy - Mission: BREAKOUT! This epic ride boasts six different randomised adventures on its ascent and is one of our favourites. Don’t miss World of Color, a 25-minute show featuring unforgettable Disney scenes, it’s streamed at night across an enormous water screen. You’re guaranteed a magical Disney experience.
6. Big smiles for small faces
If you have children of various ages, a trip to Knott’s Berry Farm will suit everyone. With fun rides of different intensities, roller coasters and water rides, it’s suitable for toddlers through to teens. Kids also love the Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament at Buena Park. Six knights compete in sword fights and jousting, aiming to please both the 1000-strong audience, and the resident King and Queen. There’s also a four-course banquet, but be prepared to use your fingers – cutlery isn’t permitted when you’re dining medieval-style.
7. American sports
In Anaheim you’ll find a passion for both Angels Baseball® and Anaheim Ducks®, the resident ice-hockey team. You cannot beat the excitement of watching either team play, but we always recommend catching a game at the Angel’s home ground, the historic Angel Stadium of Anaheim. You can even take a 75-minute tour, for behind-the-scenes insight into this all-American game.
1. To get between Disney Downtown and the Anaheim Packing District, jump on the Anaheim Resort Transit (ART) shuttle, or call an Uber which only takes approx. 10 minutes.
2. In Anaheim, you’re also close to the acclaimed Universal Studios Hollywood. Roughly 45 minutes by car. Movie buffs love the film sets and thrill seekers head straight for the rides.
3. Enjoy a day out on Catalina Island where you can try zip lining. Take one of the scenic tours on offer or explore by foot.
4. Take a day and explore LA! Enjoy a day trip to the tourist areas of LA, such as the Hollywood Walk of Fame, TCL Chinese Theatre, The Grove, Santa Monica and Venice Beach.
5. It’s not just children who get excited for Disneyland. Adults enjoy the Napa Valley wine-tasting area in Disney California Adventure Park. There are still some perks in reaching adulthood!
6. https://www.houseoftravel.co.nz/hot-deals?filter=Cali-Anaheimwnload the Disneyland App which gives you up to date wait times as well as where the characters will be coming out next! This also gives you access to Disney MaxPass where you can book your FASTPASS time for some of the more popular rides. While the app is free, Disney MaxPass is an additional cost.
Now you're ready to Anaheim, Click Here for all our Anaheim holiday deals.
Special needs or children (2-15yrs) travelling alone?
Stopover or Multi-city? Please fill in this enquiry form.
Need more rooms or children in rooms?
Where would you like your enquiry directed? *
HOT Privacy Statement