Terms and conditions
Competition entry and eligibility
1. This competition is open to New Zealand residents who are over the age of 18 years.
2. Employees (and their immediate families) of House of Travel, its subsidiaries, related entities or agencies associated with the promotion are not eligible to participate.
3. The competition commences on 01 October 2021 and concludes at 6pm on 10 October 2021. After this date and time no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
4. Only one entry per eligible person will be allowed in the prize draw. Entrants may only enter the prize draw once.
Prize details and prize draw
1. Three winners will be randomly selected from the completed entries (completing the Travel Survey) on Thursday 4 November 2021.
2. The winner will be notified by email or phone.
3. If the winner has not confirmed receipt of the prize within seven days of being notified then, the prize will be forfeited. A redraw will occur and a new winner notified who shall have seven days in which to confirm receipt of the prize. This process will continue until receipt of the prize has been successfully confirmed.
4. The prize is a $500 House of Travel Gift Card to be used at any House of Travel Store.
5. The prize is not refundable, not transferable, nor exchangeable and is not redeemable for cash or foreign exchange.
6. Entering the competition constitutes a winner’s consent to be photographed and/or interviewed by House of Travel and for House of Travel to use his or her name and city/town of residence for publicity purposes without compensation. This includes House of Travel’s website, direct and social media channels and PR.
Gift Card Terms & Conditions:
1. Gift cards are issued by House of Travel and can be used to purchase travel products at any House of Travel outlet in New Zealand.
2. Where no name is indicated on the card they can be redeemed by the then cardholder.
3. Any unused sum on the gift card expires 10 years after the date the gift card is last used.
4. The sum on the gift card can be used all at once or multiple times until the balance reaches zero.
5. The gift card may not be refunded or redeemed for cash.
6. Gift Cards will not be replaced if lost, stolen or damaged.
7. We may in our sole discretion place a stop on the use of a gift card if a gift card is reported to us as being lost or stolen or we believe it is being used contrary to these terms and conditions.
1. By participating in this competition, entrants confirm acceptance and agreement to the terms and conditions of this competition.
2. The promoter of this competition is House of Travel Holdings Limited.
3. We always recommend purchasing travel insurance. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned, due to any cause beyond the control of the promoter which corrupts or affects the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the promotion may be abandoned or postponed at the unfettered discretion of the promoter.
4. The decisions of House of Travel on all matters relating to this competition are final and no correspondence will be entered into. House of Travel reserves the right to verify the validity of an entry or a winner’s right to redeem the prize in accordance with these terms and conditions. House of Travel reserves the right to amend the prizes offered and these terms and conditions and in its absolute discretion cancel the competition at any time and without prior notice.
5. The promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss), or for personal injury suffered or sustained, as a result of taking part in, the winning of or use of the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
6. Any personal information collected as part of this competition will be held by House of Travel in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993. You have the right to access, update and correct such information.