Why do I need travel insurance?
Part of the travel experience is heading into the unknown. Being well prepared is the best way to start. Travel insurance covers you from the moment you purchase the Policy until you come home safely. You’re even covered for cancellation before your trip takes off.
Along the way you’ll be covered for unexpected events beyond your control, including lost bags and unlimited medical cover. You’ll find a summary of our policies in our Policy brochure. For full details of cover and exclusions, see your House of Travel consultant.
We’re hugely passionate about travel and have teamed up with Allianz Global Assistance, a world leader in assistance and travel insurance.
Allianz Global Assistance has direct support worldwide, from people who care about people. With 33 centres operating in 28 countries.
Together, we offer an unparalleled standard of emergency medical assistance to policy holders.
Make an online claim
To make a claim please click here to be taken to the Allianz online claims portal.
As part of your claim you may be required to:
1. Provide supporting documentation such as original invoices, receipts, and other vouchers relating to your expenses or loss.
2. Produce your policy details
3. Provide all the information required to enable the claim to be considered.
What documentation is required to make a claim?
You must give any information reasonably asked for to support your claim at your expense, such as, but not limited to, police reports, valuations, medical reports, receipts or proof of ownership. If required, you may be asked to provide translations into English of such documents to enable Allianz to carry out our assessment of your claim.
• For loss or theft of your baggage or personal effects, you should notify the local police or local government authority with 24 hours and you must obtain a copy of the incident report.
• For damage or misplacement of your baggage or personal effects caused by the airline or any other operator or accommodation provider, report the damage or misplacement to an appropriate official and obtain a written report, including any offer of settlement that they make.
• For medical or dental claims please contact Allianz Global Assistance as soon as practicable and ensure that you retain all reports, receipts, doctor’s certificates and other information.
Important claims information
All claims are paid in New Zealand dollars. Allianz will pay you unless you advise to pay someone else. The rate of currency exchange that will apply is the rate at the time you incurred the expense. Depreciation will be applied to claims for Luggage and Personal Effects at such rates as reasonably determined by Allianz Global Assistance. If you can make a claim against someone in relation to a loss or expense covered under this policy and you do not get paid the full amount of your claim, Allianz will make up the difference. You must claim from them first.
If you require emergency assistance while you are travelling you should contact Allianz Global Assistance. When you call please have your name, policy number, details describing your emergency and a contact phone number, including area code to provide ready for the operator.
Within New Zealand: 0800 778 103
Reverse charge call through telephone operator: +61 7 3305 7499
It is important that travellers tell Allianz immediately when they become aware of any circumstances that may give rise to a claim. If you require assistance with a claim while overseas, you need to call and they will give advice on what to do. If you are asked to submit a claim, you must do this within 30 days of your return to New Zealand. To reduce delays in processing a claim, travellers should ensure documentation is submitted at the time of claim.