The airport experience will change, and Air New Zealand recommends checking arrival and departure airport websites for full information. At airports customers are required to:
- Show proof of documentation required to enter the country and or state of arrival.
- Co-operate with all staff requests for additional precautions at the border.
- Follow the Airports Safe Travel Path which creates separation from other arriving passengers by giving ‘green’ flights an exclusive pathway through the airport.
- Wear a face covering when arriving into a New Zealand airport, unless exempt. Departing passengers from New Zealand are not legally required to wear a face covering but is encouraged.
- Not be experiencing any of the following symptoms with or without a fever:
- New or worsening cough
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- Runny nose
- Loss of sense of smell
- Fever (at least 38 degrees Celsius)
Airlines are recommending that customers arrive at airports earlier than normal. Air New Zealand have advised to allow time for processing of additional checks even if checking in online, their suggested times below:
When travelling from a regional New Zealand airport to connect with a flight to Cook Islands – 2 hours prior to departure.
International – 3 hours prior to departure.
For more detailed information by airport please check the links below: