Register / Login
Bay of Islands
New Zealand Circumnavigation
Taupo Holiday at Hilton Lake Taupo
Queenstown & Millbrook
Kawau Island Escape
4 Day Rail & Sounds
Luxury EscapesRanginui B&B
Whanganui Vintage Festival
Balloons over Waikato
Doubtful Sound Cruise
Marlborough Sounds Escape
Cruises on sale.
All on sale.
Club Med - All Inclusive
UK & Europe
USA & Canada
South Africa & Middle East
Business Class flights
Special needs or children (2-15yrs) travelling alone?
Stopover or Multi-city? Please fill in this enquiry form.
Need more rooms or children in rooms?
AFRICA | ASIA | AUSTRALIA | PACIFIC ISLANDS | THE AMERICAS | UK & EUROPE
Until 30 Nov 20 by 4pm unless sold out prior
8 day / 7 night road trip from
per person share twinAsk about flights & rental car
✔ 1 night at Copthorne Hokianga in a Beachfront Room
✔ 2 nights at Ramada Taipa Bay in a One Bedroom Beachfront Room
✔ 2 nights at Copthorne Bay of Islands in a Superior Harbourview Room
✔ 2 nights at Pacific Rendezvous Tutukaka in a One Bedroom Deluxe Ocean View Room
From $960 per person share twin
Travel: 01-30 Nov 20
From $1027 per person share twin
Travel: 01-31 Dec 20
From $1068 per person share twin
Travel: 01 Jan-28 Feb 21
Add on a Rental Car from $190 per person
Add on Sightseeing Combos
• Waitangi Treaty Grounds & Sundowner Sailing on a tall ship, Bay of Islands for $95 per person
• Haruru Falls Dinner Cruise & Hole in the Rock Cruise, Bay of Islands for $220 per person
• Meet Tane at Night, Waipoua & The Perfect Day Out at Tutukaka for $287 per person
• Snapper fishing charter Paihia & 2x Dives Poor Knights for $423 per person
Mix and match these great activities or ask us for more options
DAY 1 - AUCKLAND TO HOKIANGA
Collect car hire on arrival into Auckland and head north over the Auckland Harbour Bridge on your journey to Northland and your first stop on this twin coast holiday. As you head north take the time to stop in the Kauri Museum at Matakohe. Passing through Dargaville and heading in the Kauri Coast you’ll reach your destination of Hokianga. Discover the Waipoua Forest home to the majestic Tane Mahuta, the Lord of the Forest. It's the largest Kauri tree in the world, and is 2000 years old.
DAY 2 - HOKIANGA TO TAIPA
Head towards Taipa stopping at Ahipara beach, the gateway to 90 Mile Beach. After exploring Ahipara, continue to Taipa. From here you can drive to many stunning beaches in Doubtless Bay and Karikari Peninsula including Matai Bay, Rangiputa, Whatuwhiwhi and Coopers Beach. Play a round of golf at the championship Carrington Golf Course or do a wine tasting at Karikari Estate. Enjoy dinner at the famous Mangonui Fish Shop.
DAY 3 - AT TAIPA
Make the trip to Cape Reinga, the very top of the North Island. The Cape is of great spiritual importance to Māori, who believe it is the jumping off point for the souls of their departed loved ones making their way back to their mythical homeland of Hawaiki. You can also see where the Tasman Sea meets the Pacific Ocean.
DAY 4 - TAIPA TO BAY OF ISLANDS
Drive towards Paihia, the perfect base for exploring the Bay of Islands. Stop in at Kerikeri where you will find galleries, vineyards, gourmet food shops and historic sites such as the Stone Store and the Mission House. Go for a bush walk to the Rainbow Falls, a great picnic spot. From Paihia, board Darryl's Evening Dinner Cruise for a scrumptious dinner while taking in the views of Haruru Falls.
DAY 5 - AT BAY OF ISLANDS
There are many things you can see and do from Paihia, just take your pick! Take a ferry to historic Russell, the first capital of New Zealand and enjoy a waterfront lunch at the iconic Duke of Marlborough. Visit the Waitangi Treaty Grounds, where the Treaty of Waitangi was first signed in 1840. Or spend the day out on the water with a Hole in the Rock Cruise, sailing the bays on a tall ship or catch your own dinner on a fishing charter.
DAY 6 - BAY OF ISLANDS TO TUTUKAKA
Travel south from Paihia to Tutukaka. Spend the rest of the day relaxing at the beautiful Matapouri Bay or enjoy a walk over to picturesque Whale Bay or hire a surf board and enjoy some waves at one of New Zealand's top surf breaks - Sandy Bay.
DAY 7 - AT TUTUKAKA
Spend the day at one of the world's top dive locations; The Poor Knights Islands. "The Perfect Day" delivers just that with a luxurious cruise out to the famous Poor Knights Islands. Try kayaking, snorkeling or diving under expert supervision. Enter the world's largest Sea Cave, cruise through arches, relax in comfort and keep an eye out for whales, dolphins and seals.
DAY 8 - DEPART TUTUKAKA
Depart Tutukaka and stop in Whangarei for a coffee or a bite to eat then head back to Auckland via the coastal road. You will come across beach after beach along the Ruakaka, Waipu, Bream Bay and Mangawhai coastal environment.
Image 1, 2, 3: David Kirkland
Image 4: Alistair Guthrie
> More Holiday@Home deals
> Search for flights
Don't forget to download the House of Travel App to view your itinerary from your mobile phone!
Please note that full terms and conditions apply - see your House of Travel consultant for details.
* $50pp non-refundable deposit due at time of booking.
• Package price is based on share twin and is priced in New Zealand Dollars. Pricing is correct at the time of submission but is subject to change without notice.
• Valid for sales until 30 November 2020 by 4pm unless sold out prior.
• Valid for travel from 01 October 2020 to 28 February 2021. Blackout periods may apply.
• Car hire is based on a Compact Toyota Corolla or similar with Go Rentals and is subject to an excess on collection of the vehicle.
• All prices and products are subject to availability at time of reservation.
• Prices may vary due to a number of factors including tax and surcharge increases, exchange rate movements and availability.
• Prices are per person in NZ dollars for cash or cheque purchase only.
• Some surcharges and closeouts may apply. Surcharges may apply over special event periods and over school holidays.
• Inclusions are subject to change based on operational capabilities
• Cancellation and Amendment fees apply.
• Airfares are not included and are an additional cost. Please ask your House of Travel consultant for the best option to suit your needs.
Quote package code: ANZ208DTCDAC
HOT Code: CMPNZHOLS20
HOT privacy statement