Register / Login
Bay of Islands
New Zealand Circumnavigation
Taupo Holiday at Hilton Lake Taupo
Queenstown & Millbrook
Kawau Island Escape
4 Day Rail & Sounds
Luxury EscapesRanginui B&B
Whanganui Vintage Festival
Balloons over Waikato
Doubtful Sound Cruise
Marlborough Sounds Escape
Cruises on sale.
All on sale.
Club Med - All Inclusive
UK & Europe
USA & Canada
South Africa & Middle East
Business Class flights
Special needs or children (2-15yrs) travelling alone?
Stopover or Multi-city? Please fill in this enquiry form.
Need more rooms or children in rooms?
AFRICA | ASIA | AUSTRALIA | PACIFIC ISLANDS | THE AMERICAS | UK & EUROPE
Until sold out
10 day / 9 night road trip from
per person share twinAsk about flights & rental car
✔ 2 nights at Ramada Christchurch in a Studio Room
✔ 1 night at Hanmer Springs Retreat in a Superior Room
✔ 2 nights at Bella Vista Kaikoura in a Superior Queen Room
✔ 1 night at The Honest Lawyer, Nelson in a Standard Room
✔ 2 nights at Mohua Motel, Golden Bay in a Studio Room
✔ 1 night at Punakaiki Resort in a Hotel Room
From $779 per person share twin
Travel: 12–31 Oct 20
From $793 per person share twin
Travel: 01 Nov–20 Dec 20 & 16-31 Mar 21
From $831 per person share twin
Travel: 21 Dec 20–15 Mar 21
Add on a Rental Car from $220 per person
Add on Sightseeing Combos
• Christchurch Tram & Gondola for $55 per person
• Hanmer Springs Thermal Pools & Spa entry & Abel Tasman Cruise & Walk (from Kaiteriteri) for $117 per person
• Dolphin Encounter, Kaikoura & Abel Tasman Cruise & Walk (from Kaiteriteri) for $180 per person - Upgrade your Dolphin Encounter to a swim with the dolphins for an additional $105 per person
• Hanmer Springs Thermal Pools & Spa entry, Whale Watch Kaikoura & Abel Tasman Cruise & Walk (from Kaiteriteri) for $267 per person
Mix and match these great activities or ask us for more options
DAY 1 – ARRIVE CHRISTCHURCH
Arrive in Christchurch and head into your city centre accommodation. The afternoon is yours to explore: Try a tram ride or the punting on Avon River for fantastic views of the city’s highlights. Browse quirky boutiques in the historic Tannery or taste the local goods at Riverside Market. You’re spoiled for choice at dinnertime: Try Bessie for great steaks, Yamagen for expert Japanese, 5th Street for excellent locavore fare.
DAY 2 – CHRISTCHURCH TO HANMER SPRINGS
Depart Christchurch after breakfast and head for the alpine village of Hanmer Springs. There you’ll find a tempting arrange of cafés and shops offering a locally made art and produce. While away the afternoon with an indulgent soak in the famous Hanmer Springs Hot Pools. Nearby Fire&Ice is the perfect spot for a sunset happy hour.
DAY 3 – HANMER SPRINGS TO KAIKOURA
After breakfast, set out for oceanside Kaikoura and its stunning vistas of mountain and sea. Along the way, break for a delicious pub lunch at Mt Lyford Lodge in Waiau. The evening is yours to explore Kaikoura, and at dinnertime, head to Nin’s Bin, a favourite for local crayfish and seafood.
DAY 4 - AT KAIKOURA
There’s so much to discover in Kaikoura. You might visit a lavender farm, indulge in a spa treatment, set off along a walking track or explore the region’s history at the Fyffe House or Kaikoura Museum. Kaikoura’s whale watching cruise is a bucket list must — or get even closer with the Dolphin Encounter.
DAY 5 – KAIKOURA TO NELSON
Head for Nelson: Sitting at the top of the South Island, it regularly takes the title of our Sunniest City. On your way, make a stop in Havelock for some deliciously fresh green-lipped mussels. Then spend the evening exploring: Visit the Nelson Provincial Museum for a bit of history, taste the local brews at McCashins or Eddyline, and head out for a walk on Tahunanui Beach.
DAY 6 – NELSON TO GOLDEN BAY VIA ABEL TASMAN
Abel Tasman National Park awaits. Join Wilsons Abel Tasman for a cruise through the sheltered waters of the Astrolabe Roadstead to disembark at Anchorage Beach. From there, you can choose to relax or walk a stretch of the park’s famous track — one of our Great Walks. At the beachfront, you’ll find shelter, picnic tables, flush toilets and filtered drinking water. Later, it’s just a short drive over the Takaka Hills to Golden Bay.
DAY 7 - AT GOLDEN BAY
Farewell Spit is truly stunning part of the country, a nature lover's paradise. You could do a tour that includes spotting seals and their pups at Cape Farewell, discovering old fossils exposing themselves among the rocks, exploring historic Farewell Spit Lighthouse and taking in the panoramic views. For dinner, try the adventurously named Dangerous Kitchen for delicious hearty fare in a low-key setting.
DAY 8 – GOLDEN BAY TO PUNAKAIKI
Depart for the West Coast and enjoy a leisurely drive back through Nelson and southwest toward the rugged coastline. Bordering the edge of Paparoa National Park, Punakaiki is known for pancake rocks and blow holes. Nature changes endlessly from sandy beaches and rocky coastlines to lush bush and spectacular peaks.
DAY 9 – PUNAKAIKI TO CHRISTCHURCH
Set off through the stunning sights of Arthur's Pass and the Canterbury Plains for a return to Christchurch. On the way, stop off at Arthur’s Pass for spectacular views of the Southern Alps. Back in Christchurch, take in more of the city’s sights: A wander in the Botanic Gardens, some shopping in the historic Great Hall and Rutherford’s Den or a movie in the vintage ambience of Lumière Cinema. After dinner, head for a treat at decadent dessert bar Rollickin or a custom tipple at OGB Cocktail Bar.
DAY 10 – DEPART CHRISTCHURCH
After breakfast, you’re homeward bound with incredible memories — or add on an extra night and explore the French settlement of Akaroa, the waterfront Lyttelton Harbour or the ziplining and mountain biking at Christchurch Adventure Park!
Image 1: www.nelsontasman.co.nz
Image 2: Graeme Murray
Image 3: William Patino
Image 4: Tourism West Coast
> More Holiday@Home deals
> Search for flights
Don't forget to download the House of Travel App to view your itinerary from your mobile phone!
Please note that full terms and conditions apply - see your House of Travel consultant for details.
* $50pp non-refundable deposit due at time of booking.
• Package price is based on share twin and is priced in New Zealand Dollars. Pricing is correct at the time of submission but is subject to change without notice.
• Valid for sales until sold out.
• Valid for travel as specified. Blackout periods may apply.
• Car hire is based Toyota Corolla Auto or similar with Ezi Car Rental and is subject to an excess on collection of the vehicle.
• All prices and products are subject to availability at time of reservation.
• Prices may vary due to a number of factors including tax and surcharge increases, exchange rate movements and availability.
• Prices are per person in NZ dollars for cash or cheque purchase only.
• Some surcharges and closeouts may apply. Surcharges may apply over special event periods and over school holidays.
• Inclusions are subject to change based on operational capabilities
• Cancellation and Amendment fees apply.
• Airfares are not included and are an additional cost. Please ask your House of Travel consultant for the best option to suit your needs.
Quote package code: ANZ2010DTOTSRTACC
HOT Code: CMPNZHOLS20
HOT privacy statement