Register / Login
UK & Europe
Kia Orana Cook Islands!
Asia River Cruises with Pandaw
NZ Family Breaks
NZ Fly & Stay
NZ Short Breaks
Cruise in to 2021/22
All on sale.
Club Med - All Inclusive
USA & Canada
South Africa & Middle East
Business Class flights
Special needs or children (2-15yrs) travelling alone?
Stopover or Multi-city? Please fill in this enquiry form.
Need more rooms or children in rooms?
AFRICA | ASIA | AUSTRALIA | PACIFIC ISLANDS | THE AMERICAS | UK & EUROPE
Until 31 Aug 20 by 4pm unless sold out prior
2 nights & Tongariro Alpine Crossing from
per person share twinAsk about flights & rental car
Experience one of the best 1-day walks in the world. The park is a UNESCO dual World Heritage area and was the first in the world to receive Cultural World-Heritage Status. The Tongariro Alpine Crossing spans the length of Mt. Tongariro (19.4 kms) and takes about 7-8 hours to complete.
FLEXIBLE BOOKING TERMS
> Book now with a $50pp deposit*
> Full payment not due until 18 days prior to travel
✔ 2 nights accommodation at Ruapehu at The Park Hotel in a Queen Room
✔ One Day Guided Tongariro Alpine Crossing
Ask us about flights and rental car
From $345 per person share twin
Travel: 15 Jul 20 - 31 Mar 21
TONGARIRO ALPINE CROSSING GUIDED WALK
The walk commences at Mangatepopo (1100m) and concludes at Ketetahi (750m). The highest point on the Tongariro Alpine Crossing is Red Crater (1886m). The volcanoes are still active, and the hike is a view into their growth and destruction. Mt Tongariro last erupted from Te Maari Crater in 2012 and Mt Ngauruhoe’s last was in 1975.
The landscape on Mt Tongariro is peppered with craters that have been active at different periods. The track leads through the perfectly flat moonscape of South Crater; climbs to the edge of Red Crater; skirts around Central Crater; and then leads down past the steaming Te Maari Crater. There are scoured volcanic rocks, lava flows frozen in time, mountain springs and brightly coloured emerald lakes. No matter what the weather, this is a hike of a lifetime.
In summer the track gets very crowded, where possible the guide will take you away from the masses while making sure the popular sights are still experienced.
Winter offers the opportunity to walk through the magnificent snow-covered landscape without the summer crowds. Crampons and ice-axes are supplied for a fantastic winter alpine experience.
> More Holiday@Home deals
> Search for flights
Don't forget to download the House of Travel App to view your itinerary from your mobile phone!
Please note that full terms and conditions apply - see your House of Travel consultant for details.
* $50pp non-refundable deposit due at time of booking.
• Package price is based on share twin and is correct at the time of submission and is subject to change without notice.
• Valid for sales until 31 Aug 2020 by 4pm unless sold out prior.
• Valid for travel until 15 Jul 20- 31 Mar 21.
• All prices and products are subject to availability at time of reservation.
• Prices may vary due to a number of factors including tax and surcharge increases, exchange rate movements and availability.
• Prices are per person in NZ dollars for cash or cheque purchase only.
• Some surcharges and closeouts may apply. Surcharges may apply over special event periods and over school holidays.
• Inclusions are subject to change based on operational capabilities.
• Cancellation and Amendment fees apply.
• Airfares are not included and are an additional cost. Please ask your House of Travel consultant for the best option to suit your needs.
Please quote package code ANZ202NTONGEXP
HOT Code: CMPNZHOLS20
HOT privacy statement