Register / Login
More New Zealand
Round the World Cruise 2023with Princess Cruises.
Stewart Island Escape
Fiordland & Milford Sound Overnight Cruise - Family Package
Canberra District ~ Stay Dreaming
Glowworms and Hobbits Family Holiday
Cruises on sale.
All on sale.
Club Med - All Inclusive
UK & Europe
USA & Canada
South Africa & Middle East
Business Class flights
Special needs or children (2-15yrs) travelling alone?
Stopover or Multi-city? Please fill in this enquiry form.
Need more rooms or children in rooms?
AFRICA | ASIA | AUSTRALIA | PACIFIC ISLANDS | THE AMERICAS | UK & EUROPE
Until 31 Mar 21 by 4pm unless sold out prior
3 day guided kayak & walk, lodge accommodation, 2 nights Nelson & transfers from
per person share twin
Kayak the sheltered southern coast, Kaiteriteri to Onetahuti. Walk the isolated northern beaches. On this trip choose how much kayaking and walking you want to do on this fabulous combo trip with one night at each of the beachfront lodges at Torrent Bay and Meadowbank Homestead at Awaroa.
✔ 3 Day/2 Night Guided Kayak & Walk
✔ 2 nights’ accommodation at Rutherford Hotel Nelson in a Premium Room
✔ Return airport transfers from Nelson Airport to Rutherford Hotel
✔ Return transfers from Nelson to Kaiteriteri
Ask us about flights
Nelson & Abel Tasman Guided Walk & Kayak
From $1989 per person twin share
Travel: 01 Feb-31 Mar 21
From $1769 per person twin share
Travel: 20-31 Jan 21 & 06-30 Apr 21
DAY 1 ARRIVE AT NELSON
On arrival, meet your Super Shuttle driver so they can take you to your accommodation. The rest of today is at leisure to enjoy the local sights. The Nelson region is an area of diverse beauty that boasts the greatest number of sunshine hours in New Zealand. It is home to a thriving arts and crafts colony where locals enjoy a relaxed easy-going lifestyle. The Rutherford Hotel’s central location means the city's many galleries and attractions are just a stone's throw away. All rooms have a view of the harbour, city, historic South Street, or beautiful cathedral.
DAY 2 NELSON TO AWAROA VIA TOTARANUI
Take a scenic drive through the coastal orchard and vineyards lining the highway from Nelson to Motueka and Kaiteriteri. Board our comfortable Vista Cruise to travel the length of the golden Abel Tasman coast from Kaiteriteri north to Totaranui, relaxing on the viewing decks and enjoying refreshments from the cafe.
From Totaranui, walk through mature native forest and along secluded beaches to the breathtaking expanse of Awaroa Inlet where you’ll reach Meadowbank Homestead – a faithful recreation of the Wilson family's original home on the ‘finest site in the bay’.
Scenic drive to Kaiteriteri – 1 hour from Nelson
Cruise Kaiteriteri to Totaranui – 1 hour 40 mins
Walk Totaranui to Awaroa – 2.5 hours (7km/4.5 miles) including tidal crossing; maximum elevation 100m/340ft
Accommodation: Meadowbank Homestead at Awaroa
Meals included: lunch, afternoon tea, dinner
DAY 3 AWAROA TO TORRENT BAY
Wake to breakfast overlooking Meadowbank’s gardens and the waters of Abel Tasman’s largest tidal estuary. Walk over a forested saddle to Onetahuti where your guide will settle you into your stable, double kayak with full instructions and safety briefing. You’ll then kayak through Tonga Island Marine Reserve and explore hidden inlets on the way to Torrent Bay.
Walk from Awaroa to Onetahuti – 1.5 hours (5km/3 miles); max. elevation 85m/280ft
Sea kayak from Onetahuti to Torrent Bay – 4 hours (10km/6 miles)
Accommodation: Torrent Bay Lodge
Meals included: breakfast, morning & afternoon tea, lunch, dinner
DAY 4 TORRENT BAY TO KAITERITERI/NELSON
Wake up to morning light on the golden sands of Torrent Bay and a hearty breakfast to set you up for paddling to Te Pukatea Bay and past the islands of the Astrolabe Roadstead to Kaiteriteri.
Sea kayak from Torrent Bay to Kaiteriteri – 4.5 hours (12km)
Scenic drive from Kaiteriteri – 1 hour to Nelson
Meals included: breakfast, morning tea, lunch
DAY 5 DEPART NELSON
Today you have free time for some last minute shopping before your shuttle takes you to the airport for your onward flight.
> More Holiday@Home deals
> Search for flights
Don't forget to download the House of Travel App to view your itinerary from your mobile phone!
Image credits: Wilsons Abel Tasman
Please note that full terms and conditions apply - see your House of Travel consultant for details.
• Prices are per person in NZ dollars for cash or cheque purchase only.
• Package price is based on share twin and is correct at the time of submission and is subject to change without notice.
• A deposit of $250 per person is required to make the booking and full payment is due by 30 Nov 2020.
• Valid for sales until 31 March 2021 by 4pm unless sold out prior.
• Valid for travel as specified. Blackout periods may apply.
• All prices and products are subject to availability at time of reservation.
• Prices may vary due to a number of factors including tax and surcharge increases, exchange rate movements and availability.
• Some surcharges and closeouts may apply over special event periods and over school holidays.
• Confirm start times with us before you book connecting airline flights.
• Inclusions are subject to change based on supplier operational capabilities.
• Walk/Kayak – we reserve the right to alter itineraries, timetables and vessel types. All travel is subject to weather and tides which may cause delay or cancellation.
• Cancellation and Amendment fees apply.
• Airfares are not included and are an additional cost. Please ask your House of Travel consultant for the best option to suit your needs.
Quote package code: ANZ205DATGWK
HOT Code: CMPNZ020221