Register / Login
UK & Europe
2021 Great little Kiwi breaks with P&O
Touring New Zealand
Food & Wine
Cruise in to 2021/22
All on sale.
Club Med - All Inclusive
USA & Canada
South Africa & Middle East
Business Class flights
Special needs or children (2-15yrs) travelling alone?
Stopover or Multi-city? Please fill in this enquiry form.
Need more rooms or children in rooms?
AFRICA | ASIA | AUSTRALIA | PACIFIC ISLANDS | THE AMERICAS | UK & EUROPE
Until 31 Jul 20 by 4pm unless sold out prior
5 day guided kayak & walk with lodge accommodation, 2 nights hotel in Nelson & transfers from
per person share twinSave $200 per person
Experience the Abel Tasman coast from Totaranui to Kaiteriteri with plenty of time to relax, walk, kayak, and explore parts of the national park many visitors don’t get to see. Enjoy two nights at each of the beachfront lodges at Torrent Bay and Meadowbank Homestead at Awaroa. Spend some time in Nelson before and after your walk, a thriving arts and crafts community and home to some great wineries.
✔ Vista Cruise along the coastline
✔ 4 nights’ beachfront lodge accommodation in Abel Tasman National Park with luggage transfers
✔ All meals and expert hosts in the heart of Abel Tasman National Park
✔ Your choice of guided or self-guided walks and kayak trips
✔ 2 nights’ accommodation at Rutherford Hotel in Nelson in a Premium Room
✔Return airport transfers from Nelson Airport to Rutherford Hotel
✔ Return transfers from Nelson to Kaiteriteri
Ask us about flights
Save $200 per person
Travel: 01 Oct 20-31 May 21 . Blackout periods may apply.
DAY 1 ARRIVE AT NELSON
On arrival, meet your Super Shuttle driver so they can take you to your accommodation. The rest of today is at leisure to enjoy the local sights. The Nelson region is an area of diverse beauty that boasts the greatest number of sunshine hours in New Zealand. It is home to a thriving arts and crafts colony where locals enjoy a relaxed easy-going lifestyle. The Rutherford Hotel’s central location means the city's many galleries and attractions are just a stone's throw away. All rooms have a view of the harbour, city, historic South Street, or beautiful cathedral.
DAY 2 NELSON TO AWAROA VIA TOTARANUI
You are transferred from Nelson to Kaiteriteri along a scenic drive passing orchards and vineyards. Board Wilsons Abel Tasman comfortable Vista Cruise to travel the length of the golden Abel Tasman coast from Kaiteriteri north to Totaranui, relaxing on the viewing decks and enjoying refreshments from the cafe.
From Totaranui, walk through mature native forest and along secluded beaches to the breathtaking expanse of Awaroa Inlet where you’ll reach Meadowbank Homestead – a faithful recreation of the Wilson family's original home on the ‘finest site in the bay’.
Scenic drive to Kaiteriteri – 1 hour from Nelson, or 20 mins from Motueka
Cruise Kaiteriteri to Totaranui – 1 hour 40 mins
Walk Totaranui to Awaroa – 2.5 hours (7km/4.5 miles) including tidal crossing; maximum elevation 100m/340ft
Meals included: lunch, afternoon tea and dinner
DAY 3 EXPLORE AWAROA
Relax over breakfast overlooking Meadowbank’s gardens and the beautiful waters of Abel Tasman’s largest tidal estuary. Your guide will help you create your perfect day whether you want to be active in Awaroa’s beautiful surrounds or just savour the comfort and tranquillity of Meadowbank.
Explore Awaroa estuary on foot (up to 4 hours) or by kayak (up to 2 hours, tides permitting), visit early European and pre-European historical sites or relax and unwind on the beach.
Meals included: breakfast, morning & afternoon tea, lunch, dinner
DAY 4 AWAROA TO TORRENT BAY
Wake to breakfast overlooking Meadowbank’s gardens and the waters of Abel Tasman’s largest tidal estuary. Walk over a forested saddle to Onetahuti where your guide will settle you into your stable, double kayak with full instructions and safety briefing. You’ll then kayak through Tonga Island Marine Reserve and explore hidden inlets on the way to Torrent Bay.
* Walk from Awaroa to Onetahuti – 1.5 hours (5km/3 miles); max. elevation 85m/280ft
* Sea kayak from Onetahuti to Torrent Bay – 4 hours (10km/6 miles)
DAY 5 EXPLORE TORRENT BAY
Your guide will happily help you choose what to do today, whether you want to head off on adventures or just relax at the beachfront lodge. You could walk through the breathtaking virgin forest up the waterfalls on Falls River, kayak or walk around the estuary and visit the peaceful grotto of Cleapatra’s Pool, walk to the golden expanse of Anchorage beach and picturesque Te Pukatea cove visiting historic Maori sites at Pitt Head along the way, or relax and unwind on glorious Torrent Bay beach.
DAY 6 TORRENT BAY TO NELSON
Wake up to morning light on the golden sands of Torrent Bay and a hearty breakfast to set you up for paddling to Te Pukatea Bay and past the islands of the Astrolabe Roadstead to Kaiteriteri. You will be transferred to Nelson for your final night.
* Sea kayak from Torrent Bay to Kaiteriteri – 4.5 hours (12km)
Scenic drive from Kaiteriteri – 20 mins to Motueka or 1 hour to Nelson
Meals included: breakfast, morning tea, lunch
DAY 7 DEPART NELSON
Today you have free time for some last minute shopping before your shuttle takes you to the airport for your onward flight.
Image credits: Wilsons Abel Tasman
Please note that full terms and conditions apply - see your House of Travel consultant for details.
• Package price is based on share twin and is correct at the time of submission and is subject to change without notice.
• A deposit of $250 per person is required to make the booking and full payment is due by 31 Jul 2020 for the Wilsons Abel Tasman component only.
• Valid for sales until 31 Jul 2020 by 4pm unless sold out prior.
• Travel is valid from 01 October 2020-31 May 2021 and must be booked by 31 July 2020. Low season dates are 01-31 October 2020, 20-31 Jan 2021, 1-30 April 2021. High season dates available at an additional cost.
• All prices and products are subject to availability at time of reservation.
• Prices may vary due to a number of factors including tax and surcharge increases, exchange rate movements and availability.
• Prices are per person in NZ dollars for cash or cheque purchase only.
• Some surcharges and closeouts may apply. Surcharges may apply over special event periods and over school holidays.
• Inclusions are subject to change based on operational capabilities
• Cancellation and Amendment fees apply.
• Airfares are not included and are an additional cost. Please ask your House of Travel consultant for the best option to suit your needs.
Quote package code: ANZ205DATGWK
HOT Code: CMPNZHOLS20
HOT privacy statement