Register / Login
UK & Europe
2021 Great little Kiwi breaks with P&O
Touring New Zealand
Food & Wine
Cruise in to 2021/22
All on sale.
Club Med - All Inclusive
USA & Canada
South Africa & Middle East
Business Class flights
Special needs or children (2-15yrs) travelling alone?
Stopover or Multi-city? Please fill in this enquiry form.
Need more rooms or children in rooms?
AFRICA | ASIA | AUSTRALIA | PACIFIC ISLANDS | THE AMERICAS | UK & EUROPE
Until 31 Jul 20 by 4pm unless sold out prior
3 day guided walk with lodge accommodation, 2 nights hotel in Nelson & transfers from
per person share twinSave $200 per person
Experience the beautiful Abel Tasman coast track from Totaranui to Kaiteriteri at your own walking pace with expert guides and boat back-up if you need it. Enjoy one night each at the wonderful beachfront lodges, Meadowbank Homestead at Awaroa and Torrent Bay Lodge. Spend some time in Nelson before and after your walk, a thriving arts and crafts community and home to some great wineries.
✔ Vista Cruise along the coastline
✔ 2 nights’ beachfront lodge accommodation in Abel Tasman National Park with luggage transfers
✔ All meals and expert hosts in the heart of Abel Tasman National Park
✔ Guided walks as per the itinerary
✔ 2 nights’ accommodation at Rutherford Hotel in Nelson in a Premium Room
✔Return airport transfers from Nelson Airport to Rutherford Hotel
✔Return transfers from Nelson to Kaiteriteri
Ask us about flights
Save $200 per person
Travel: 01 Oct 20-31 May 21 . Blackout periods may apply.
DAY 1 ARRIVE AT NELSON
On arrival, meet your Super Shuttle driver so they can take you to your accommodation. The rest of today is at leisure to enjoy the local sights. The Nelson region is an area of diverse beauty that boasts the greatest number of sunshine hours in New Zealand. It is home to a thriving arts and crafts community where locals enjoy a relaxed easy-going lifestyle. The Rutherford Hotel’s central location means the city's many galleries and attractions are just a stone's throw away. All rooms have a view of the harbour, city, historic South Street, or beautiful cathedral.
DAY 2 NELSON TO AWAROA VIA TOTARANUI
You are transferred from Nelson to Kaiteriteri along a scenic drive passing orchards and vineyards. Board Wilsons Abel Tasman comfortable Vista Cruise to travel the length of the golden Abel Tasman coast from Kaiteriteri north to Totaranui, relaxing on the viewing decks and enjoying refreshments from the cafe.
From Totaranui, walk through mature native forest and along secluded beaches to the breathtaking expanse of Awaroa Inlet where you’ll reach Meadowbank Homestead – a faithful recreation of the Wilson family's original home on the ‘finest site in the bay’.
Scenic drive to Kaiteriteri – 1 hour from Nelson, or 20 mins from Motueka
Cruise Kaiteriteri to Totaranui – 1 hour 40 mins
Walk Totaranui to Awaroa – 2.5 hours (7km/4.5 miles) including tidal crossing; maximum elevation 100m/340ft
Meals included: lunch, afternoon tea and dinner
DAY 3 AWAROA TO TORRENT BAY
Your walk today follows the coastal track through cool native forest and reaches golden sand beaches, perfect for swimming. Start with a relaxing breakfast overlooking Meadowbank’s gardens and the beautiful waters beyond, then choose how much walking you want to do – your guide will arrange boat transfers to suit your needs.
*Walk in 3 sections of 2 hours each
1. Awaroa to Onetahuti and Tonga Quarry – 6km/3.5 miles; maximum elevation 85m/280ft
2. Tonga Quarry to Bark Bay (Medlands Beach) – 4km/2.5 miles; maximum elevation 120m/400ft
3. Bark Bay to Torrent Bay – 7km/4.4 miles; maximum elevation 105m/340ft
Meals included: breakfast, morning & afternoon tea, lunch, dinner
DAY 4 EXPLORE TORRENT BAY
Wake up to golden light on the sands of Torrent Bay and perhaps a coffee on the deck before breakfast. Today’s walk follows the easiest section of the coastal track through to Marahau, with panoramic views across Tasman Bay to Nelson. This is a day rich in history, too, as your guide recount stories of how major landmarks were named by early explorers. From Marahau you will be transferred back to Nelson for your final night.
*Walk 4–5 hours (depending on tides) – 13–16km/8–10 miles; maximum elevation 110m/360ft
Scenic drive from Kaiteriteri – 20 mins to Motueka or 1 hour to Nelson
Meals included: breakfast, morning tea, lunch.
DAY 5 DEPART NELSON
Today you have free time for some last minute shopping before your shuttle takes you to the airport for your onward flight.
Image credits: Wilsons Abel Tasman
Please note that full terms and conditions apply - see your House of Travel consultant for details.
• Package price is based on share twin and is correct at the time of submission and is subject to change without notice.
• A deposit of $250 per person is required to make the booking and full payment is due by 31 Jul 2020 for the Wilsons Abel Tasman component only.
• Valid for sales until 31 Jul 2020 by 4pm unless sold out prior.
• Travel is valid from 01 October 2020-31 May 2021 and must be booked by 31 July 2020. Low season dates are 01-31 October 2020, 20-31 Jan 2021, 1-30 April 2021. High season dates available at an additional cost.
• All prices and products are subject to availability at time of reservation.
• Prices may vary due to a number of factors including tax and surcharge increases, exchange rate movements and availability.
• Prices are per person in NZ dollars for cash or cheque purchase only.
• Some surcharges and closeouts may apply. Surcharges may apply over special event periods and over school holidays.
• Inclusions are subject to change based on operational capabilities
• Cancellation and Amendment fees apply.
• Airfares are not included and are an additional cost. Please ask your House of Travel consultant for the best option to suit your needs.
Quote package code: ANZ203DATGW
HOT Code: CMPNZHOLS20
HOT privacy statement