Register / Login
Bay of Islands
Do something NEWin the New Year
Rarotonga New Year Sale
New Year Sale
P&O Splash Out Sale
Cruises on sale.
All on sale.
Club Med - All Inclusive
UK & Europe
USA & Canada
South Africa & Middle East
Business Class flights
Special needs or children (2-15yrs) travelling alone?
Stopover or Multi-city? Please fill in this enquiry form.
Need more rooms or children in rooms?
AFRICA | ASIA | AUSTRALIA | PACIFIC ISLANDS | THE AMERICAS | UK & EUROPE
Until sold out
3 nights Wellington & Kapiti Island experience from
per person share twin
Kapiti Island is one of New Zealand’s oldest nature reserves, with an abundance of native and endangered birds including Kiwi, Takahe and Kaka. With over 1,200 Spotted Kiwi living on the Kapiti Island, this is your best chance of seeing them in their natural environment.
Experience all Kapiti Island has to offer with an overnight stay.
✔ 1 night pre Kapiti Island accommodation at Distinction Wellington, Century City Hotel in Standard Room including Express Continental Breakfast
✔ Overnight Stay & Kiwi Spotting on Kapiti Island including Dinner, Breakfast and transfers ex Wellington
• Return transfers from Wellington
• Ferry transport to/from Kapiti Island
• Introductory talk and welcome from one of our experienced nature guides
• Afternoon ferry transport from Rangatira to the Lodge at the north end of the island
• Unique overnight accommodation
• Wonderful meals cooked by our Chef at the Lodge (dinner, breakfast and lunch (day 2) provided, you will need to bring a packed lunch for day one) including complimentary New Zealand wines & beers
• A night time guided Kiwi spotting walk with an experienced and knowledgeable guide
• Genuine Maori hospitality
• The opportunity to engage with endangered New Zealand birds like Takahe, Kaka, Weka, Tieke (Saddleback), Kereru, Kokako, Hihi, and Toutouwai (Robin) within the lush regenerating native bush
• Department of Conservation permits.
• Memories to last a lifetime
✔ 1 night post Kapiti Island accommodation at Distinction Wellington, Century City Hotel in Standard Room including Express Continental Breakfast
Ask us about flights and rental car
Wellington & Kapiti Island Glamping
From $819 per person share twin
Travel: 01 Oct 20-30 Apr 21
Wellington & Kapiti Island Ensuite Room
From $849 per person share twin
Travel: 01 Mar-30 Apr 21
What you'll love
KAPITI ISLAND OVERNIGHT STAY & KIWI SPOTTING
Seeing Kiwi in their natural habitat is an experience not to be missed. Kapiti Island is home to over 1,200 Little Spotted Kiwi (LSK), making it the most prolific population of LS Kiwi to be found, and one of the most reliable opportunities to see them in the wild.
Spend the night and enjoy our famous hospitality and delicious meals, surrounded by stunning native bush and some of our most rare and beautiful native birds.
Forget about leaking tents and muddy sleeping bags, we take camping to the next level. Enjoy your private, secluded corner of paradise in our luxurious tented accommodation. Sitting next to Manuka clad hillsides alive with birdsong, you can bask in the afternoon sun with a glass of wine as our chef prepares your meals. We provide a truly unique way of enjoying Kapiti Island, up close and personal!
Make yourself at home in our coastal bungalow Ensuite option. This classic Kiwi bach offers comfort and convenience, and priceless ocean view out across Waiorua bay.
Located in the heart of Wellington City, on the doorstep of key Wellington attractions, Distinction Wellington Hotel is only a few minutes' walk from the shopping and restaurants of Courtney Place and Cuba Street, and only ten minutes' walk from Te Papa Museum and the waterfront.
Image 1: Mark Coote
> More Holidays@Home deals
> Search for flights
Don't forget to download the House of Travel App to view your itinerary from your mobile phone!
Please note that full terms and conditions apply - see your House of Travel consultant for details.
• $50pp non-refundable deposit due at time of booking
• Prices are per person in NZ dollars for cash or cheque purchase only.
• Package price is based on share twin and is correct at the time of submission and is subject to change without notice.
• Valid for sales until sold out.
• Valid for travel from 01 October to 19 December 2020. Blackout periods may apply.
• All prices and products are subject to availability at time of reservation.
• Prices may vary due to a number of factors including tax and surcharge increases, exchange rate movements and availability.
• Some surcharges and closeouts may apply over special event periods and over school holidays.
• Inclusions are subject to change based on supplier operational capabilities.
• Kiwi Spotting – Please understand that Little Spotted Kiwi on Kapiti Island are not in captivity. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee their behaviour or sightings on any given night.
• Cancellation and Amendment fees apply.
• Airfares are not included and are an additional cost. Please ask your House of Travel consultant for the best option to suit your needs.
Quote package code: ANZ203NWLGKAPINE
HOT Code: CMPNZHOLS20