Register / Login
Two Princesses Cruise from Auckland
Queenstown & Skyline Gondola
Celebrity Cruises on Sale
Spirit of the Rockies & Alaska
Aloha Sun, Idyllic Bora Bora & Relaxation
Glaciers, City Lights & Aloha Sun!
Northern Territory Dreaming
Wilderness Escape at Lake Moeraki
Cook Islands on sale
TranzAlpine, Glaciers & Lakes
Gold Coast on Sale
All on sale.
Covid-19 Customer Support
NZ Short Breaks
NZ Bucket List
NZ Family Holidays
NZ Active Breaks
NZ Food & Wine
Discover a Different Australia
UK & Europe
USA & Canada
South Africa & Middle East
Business Class flights
Special needs or children (2-15yrs) travelling alone?
Stopover or Multi-city? Please fill in this enquiry form.
Need more rooms or children in rooms?
AFRICA | ASIA | AUSTRALIA | PACIFIC ISLANDS | THE AMERICAS | UK & EUROPE
Until 31 Mar 22 by 4pm unless sold out prior
3 night Wellington & Kapiti Island experience from
per person share twin
Kapiti Island is one of New Zealand’s oldest nature reserves, with an abundance of native and endangered birds including Kiwi, Takahe and Kaka. With over 1,200 Spotted Kiwi living on the Kapiti Island, this is your best chance of seeing them in their natural environment.
Experience all Kapiti Island has to offer with an overnight stay.
✔ 1 night pre Kapiti Island accommodation at Copthorne Oriental Bay Wellington, in a Superior Room
✔ Overnight Stay & Kiwi Spotting on Kapiti Island in a cabin including Dinner, Breakfast and transfers ex Wellington
• Return transfers from Wellington
• Ferry transport to/from Kapiti Island
• Introductory talk and welcome from an experienced nature guide
• Afternoon ferry transport from Rangatira to the Lodge at the north end of the island
• Unique overnight accommodation
• Wonderful meals cooked by the Chef at the Lodge (dinner, breakfast and lunch (day 2) provided, you will need to bring a packed lunch for day one) including complimentary New Zealand wines & beers
• A night time guided Kiwi spotting walk with an experienced and knowledgeable guide
• Genuine Maori hospitality
• The opportunity to engage with endangered New Zealand birds like Takahe, Kaka, Weka, Tieke (Saddleback), Kereru, Kokako, Hihi, and Toutouwai (Robin) within the lush regenerating native bush
• Department of Conservation permits.
• Memories to last a lifetime
✔ 1 night post Kapiti Island accommodation at Copthorne Oriental Bay Wellington, in a Superior Room
Ask us about flights
From $839 per person share twin
Travel: 01-30 Sep 21 & 01-31 Jan 22
From $895 per person share twin
Travel: 01 Oct-31 Dec 21 & 01 Feb-31 Mar 22
What you'll love
KAPITI ISLAND OVERNIGHT STAY & KIWI SPOTTING
Seeing Kiwi in their natural habitat is an experience not to be missed. Kapiti Island is home to over 1,200 Little Spotted Kiwi (LSK), making it the most prolific population of LS Kiwi to be found, and one of the most reliable opportunities to see them in the wild.
Spend the night and enjoy famous hospitality and delicious meals, surrounded by stunning native bush and some of our most rare and beautiful native birds.
The cabins are comfortable and warm, lined with native timber, and nestled in the middle of Waiorua valley at the north end of Kapiti. With stunning views of the native bush covered hillsides, and a cacophony of native bird song surrounding you, you’ll feel at home among nature. Single, double, and bunk configurations available. Shared toilet and shower facilities are located nearby.
COPTHORNE ORIENTAL BAY WELLINGTON
Located on Wellington's premier Oriental Parade, overlooking the stunning Wellington Harbour, Copthorne Hotel Wellington Oriental Bay is the perfect base to explore the city. Merely 10 minutes away, are the city's shopping, commercial, and entertainment centre. The Te Papa Museum, Live Theatre in Courtney Place, and many of the city's finest restaurants and bars are also close to our Oriental Parade hotel.
Image 1: Mark Coote
> More Holidays@Home deals
> Search for flights
Don't forget to download the House of Travel App to view your itinerary from your mobile phone!
Please note that full terms and conditions apply - see your House of Travel consultant for details.
• Prices are per person in NZ dollars for cash or cheque purchase only.
• Package price is based on share twin and is correct at the time of submission and is subject to change without notice.
• Valid for sales until 31 March 2022.
• Valid for travel as specified. Blackout periods may apply.
• All prices and products are subject to availability at time of reservation.
• Prices may vary due to a number of factors including tax and surcharge increases, exchange rate movements and availability.
• Some surcharges and closeouts may apply over special event periods and over school holidays.
• Inclusions are subject to change based on supplier operational capabilities.
• Kiwi Spotting – Please understand that Little Spotted Kiwi on Kapiti Island are not in captivity. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee their behaviour or sightings on any given night.
• Cancellation and Amendment fees apply.
• Airfares are not included and are an additional cost. Please ask your House of Travel consultant for the best option to suit your needs.
Quote package code: ANZ213NW&KINEC
HOT Code: CMPNZHOLS20