Register / Login
Bay of Islands
New Zealand Circumnavigation
Taupo Holiday at Hilton Lake Taupo
Queenstown & Millbrook
Kawau Island Escape
4 Day Rail & Sounds
Luxury EscapesRanginui B&B
Whanganui Vintage Festival
Balloons over Waikato
Doubtful Sound Cruise
Marlborough Sounds Escape
Cruises on sale.
All on sale.
Club Med - All Inclusive
UK & Europe
USA & Canada
South Africa & Middle East
Business Class flights
Special needs or children (2-15yrs) travelling alone?
Stopover or Multi-city? Please fill in this enquiry form.
Need more rooms or children in rooms?
AFRICA | ASIA | AUSTRALIA | PACIFIC ISLANDS | THE AMERICAS | UK & EUROPE
Until sold out
3 nights & ferry transfers from
per person share twin
Go ‘overseas’ and off-the-grid to Great Barrier Island, in Auckland’s Hauraki Gulf. Home to stunning golden beaches, crystal-clear waters and impressive native forests. Officially classified as a Dark Sky Sanctuary, Great Barrier is one of the best places to view our outstanding night sky.
✔ 3 nights’ accommodation at Sunset Waterfront Lodge in a Beachfront Studio
✔ Return ferry transfers from Auckland – Wynyard Wharf to Great Barrier Island
✔ ‘Look Up and Get Lost’ Dark Sky Experience
Ask us about a rental car and swapping the ferry for flights
3 night Great Barrier Island Getaway
From $649 per person share twin
Travel: 01-30 Nov 20 & 02 Feb–31 Mar 21
From $712 per person share twin
Travel: 01 Dec 20–01 Feb 21
Note: Departs Tues, Thur & Sun for travel 07 Oct-13 Dec 20 & 18 Jan-31 Mar 21.
Departs daily 14 Dec 20-17 Jan 21
What you'll love
DARK SKY EXPERIENCE
In a dark island location, your guide will set up a telescope to help us get close and personal with the stars, gaze at deep sky objects and view several interesting constellations. We may even see a planet or distant galaxy! Our Moon Walk Experience is similar, with the focus on our moon, brighter stars and constellations.
SUNSET WATERFRONT LODGE
Sunset Waterfront Lodge is located right on the water's edge at Tryphena, one of Great Barrier Island's gateways to beautiful beaches and intoxicating native bush and bird life. It's the perfect spot to relax and watch the sun set.
Image 1&3: Todd Eyre
Image 2&4: Scott Venning
> More Holidays@Home deals
> Search for flights
Don't forget to download the House of Travel App to view your itinerary from your mobile phone!
Please note that full terms and conditions apply - see your House of Travel consultant for details.
• $50pp non-refundable deposit due at time of booking
• Prices are per person in NZ dollars for cash or cheque purchase only.
• Package price is based on share twin and is correct at the time of submission and is subject to change without notice.
• Valid for sales until sold out.
• Valid for travel as specified. Blackout periods may apply.
• All prices and products are subject to availability at time of reservation.
• Prices may vary due to a number of factors including tax and surcharge increases, exchange rate movements and availability.
• Some surcharges and closeouts may apply over special event periods and over school holidays.
• Inclusions are subject to change based on supplier operational capabilities.
• Sealink Ferry from 07 Oct to 13 December & 18 Jan to 31 Mar 21 departs Auckland to Great Barrier Island (and v.v) on a Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday only. From the 14 December 20 – 17 January 21 it will depart every day. This means if you depart on a Wednesday or Friday you will need to factor in another night on Great Barrier Island or shorten your stay.
• Dark Sky Experience – weather conditions are not guaranteed and if tour is cancelled, a refund will be given. Not all objects may be visible on any given night. When the moon is bright in the sky and the Milky Way recedes into the background, our Moon Walk replaces this Dark Sky Experience.
• Car not included in ferry transfer price.
• Cancellation and Amendment fees apply.
• Airfares are not included and are an additional cost. Please ask your House of Travel consultant for the best option to suit your needs.
Quote package code: ANZ203NGBIGSUN
HOT Code: CMPNZHOLS20
HOT privacy statement