Register / Login
Bay of Islands
Do something NEWin the New Year
Rarotonga New Year Sale
New Year Sale
P&O Splash Out Sale
Cruises on sale.
All on sale.
Club Med - All Inclusive
UK & Europe
USA & Canada
South Africa & Middle East
Business Class flights
Special needs or children (2-15yrs) travelling alone?
Stopover or Multi-city? Please fill in this enquiry form.
Need more rooms or children in rooms?
AFRICA | ASIA | AUSTRALIA | PACIFIC ISLANDS | THE AMERICAS | UK & EUROPE
Until sold out
3 day guided walk + 2 nights Queenstown from
per person based on Routeburn multi share rate & Queenstown twin share rate
One of the most iconic walks in New Zealand. The Routeburn Track Guided Walk is a 3 day/2 night guided walk through Fiordland and Mt Aspiring National Parks, from The Divide on the Milford Road to the Routeburn Shelter near Glenorchy. At the end of each day relax in a private lodge with hot showers. Each lodge is fully staffed and offers full lounge and dining facilities serving delicious meals and snacks. With a night in Queenstown before and after and a well-earned soak in an Onsen hot tub, this is the perfect ‘Great Walk’ package.
✔ 1 night pre walk accommodation at Garden Court Suites & Apartments Queenstown in a Studio Suite
✔ Routeburn Track 3 Day Walk with Ultimate Hikes itinerary includes:
• 2 nights in a quad room in private lodges along the track
• All meals and snacks on the track
• Transport to and from Queenstown
• A 40ltr backpack for your belongings
• Experienced guides
✔ 1 night post walk accommodation at Garden Court Suites & Apartments Queenstown in a Studio Suite
✔ Onsen Original Hot Pools Daytime Experience
Ask us about flights
The Routeburn Track Guided Walk & Queenstown
From $1799 per person*
*Based on Routeburn multi share rate & Queenstown twin share rate
Travel: 06 Jan-26 Mar 21
Departing on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
DAY 1 – ARRIVE QUEENSTOWN
Explore Queenstown and all it has to offer, from relaxing on the TSS Earnslaw cruise to the fun filled Skyline Luge and Gondola. Check in for your pre-track briefing this afternoon to explain the next few days of your walk.
DAY 2 – QUEENSTOWN TO MACKENZIE LODGE
The day begins early with a coach ride to the Divide, stopping in Te Anau for morning tea on the way. At the Divide, make sure you collect your lunch from the guides before setting off. The track begins with a steady climb up through Silver Beech forest to the turn off to Key Summit – about an hour’s walk. Leave your pack at the turn off before climbing to Key Summit. Spend some time admiring the views and examining the wetlands. After descending and collecting your pack, it’s a short walk down to Lake Howden Hut where the guides will provide hot drinks to accompany your lunch.
After lunch the track gradually climbs to the 80m (240ft) Earland Falls, a good place to stop for a break at the base pool. After Earland Falls, the track traverses around the mountain side to the Orchard. Beyond, you’ll climb for a short section before a steep descent to Mackenzie Lodge.
Meals included: lunch & dinner
DAY 3 – LAKE MACKENZIE TO ROUTEBURN FALLS LODGE
The track starts just past Lake Mackenzie and rises up through the ancient forest before emerging above the treeline for stunning views of the lake below. At the top of the zig zags is Ocean Peak Corner. On a clear day you’ll have a full panorama of the Darran Mountains across the Hollyford Valley, to the distant Tasman Sea at Martin’s Bay. Follow the track along the mountain face and ask your guides to point out the native flora, including mountain daisies, buttercups, gentians and edelweiss. After lunch at the Harris Saddle, and if track and weather conditions allow, you can climb Conical Hill for a panoramic view of the surrounding peaks. The track continues around Lake Harris, before descending into the upper basins of the Routeburn Valley skirting the Routeburn Falls. Spend your final night at the aptly named Routeburn Falls Lodge.
Meals included: breakfast, lunch & dinner
DAY 4 – ROUTEBURN FALLS TO QUEENSTOWN
Take in the dramatic landscape around the Falls, before descending to the alpine pastures of the Routeburn Flats. Red Beech grow on this north facing slope. Picnic beside the Routeburn river at Forge Flat. The track shadows the river through the beech forest to the Road End. Take the nature walk at the detour to read more about the native forest and listen for native birds in the valley. At Road End the coach will be waiting to take you back to Queenstown, stopping at the small town of Glenorchy for refreshments.
Meals included: breakfast, lunch
DAY 5 – DEPART QUEENSTOWN
Relax your muscles in the famous Onsen hot pools before departing Queenstown. Perched on the cliffs overlooking the magnificent Shotover River and amidst a stunning mountain range, relax and enjoy the breath-taking views from your private Onsen Hot Pool with a complimentary drink in hand.
> More Holidays@Home deals
> Search for flights
Don't forget to download the House of Travel App to view your itinerary from your mobile phone!
Please note that full terms and conditions apply - see your House of Travel consultant for details.
• Full payment required at time of booking.
• Prices are per person in NZ dollars for cash or cheque purchase only and is correct at the time of submission and is subject to change without notice.
• Package price is based on multi share (Routeburn Track accommodation) & twin share (Queenstown accommodation)
• Valid for sales until sold out.
• Valid for travel as specified.
• All prices and products are subject to availability at time of reservation.
• Prices may vary due to a number of factors including tax and surcharge increases, exchange rate movements and availability.
• Some surcharges and closeouts may apply. Surcharges may apply over special event periods and over school holidays.
• Inclusions are subject to change based on operational capabilities. The Operator reserves the right to alter, amend or cancel any trip should weather or any other circumstance necessitate this.
• Cancellation and Amendment fees apply.
• For full terms and conditions see instore.
• Airfares are not included and are an additional cost. Please ask your House of Travel consultant for the best option to suit your needs.
HOT Code: CMPZQN1020