Register / Login
Bay of Islands
Queenstown Adventures.Your Way!
Queenstown Flights & 3 Nights from $385pp
The Southern Scenic Route
Fiordland & Milford Sound Overnight Cruise
Cruise Month on now!
TranzAlpine, Glaciers & Lakes
All on sale.
Club Med - All Inclusive
UK & Europe
USA & Canada
South Africa & Middle East
Business Class flights
Special needs or children (2-15yrs) travelling alone?
Stopover or Multi-city? Please fill in this enquiry form.
Need more rooms or children in rooms?
AFRICA | ASIA | AUSTRALIA | PACIFIC ISLANDS | THE AMERICAS | UK & EUROPE
Until sold out
2 day self-guided cycling + 2 nights Queenstown accommodation from
per person share twinFREE upgrade to e-bikeAsk about flights & rental car
This 2 day / 1 night independent cycle adventure takes in the two most scenic parts of the famous Otago Central Rail Trail. The trail is vehicle-free, has an easy gradient and takes you through amazing scenery, over viaducts and through tunnels. There are also many old historic hotels to visit along the way. This two-day highlights package is the perfect option for people wishing to experience the best parts of the trail but who have limited time available
✔ 2 night’s accommodation at Garden Court Suites & Apartments Queenstown in a Studio Suite
✔ 2 Day/1 Night Rail Trail Highlights Self-Guided Cycle Trail ex Queenstown includes –
• Cycle equipment: includes bicycle, helmet, repair kit, panniers, odometer and trail documentation
• Luggage transfers
• One night’s ensuite accommodation with breakfast included
• Transport: Clyde to Omakau by bus
• Transport: Hyde to Clyde by bus
• Luggage storage for excess luggage available at our depot for pickup when returning to Clyde after cycling
• Transport to and from Queenstown with hotel pickup/drop off
Ask us about flights and rental car
BONUS FREE upgrade to an e-bike
4 Day Rail Trail Highlights
From $749 per person share twin
Save $90 per person
Travel: 01 Oct 20-31 May 21
DAY 1 ARRIVE AT QUEENSTOWN
Garden Court Suites & Apartments is located only a five-minute walk from Queenstown's vibrant town centre and on the doorstep of countless adventures!
The rest of the day is free to immerse yourself in Queenstown’s beauty.
DAY 2 OMAKAU TO WEDDERBURN
Your adventure starts at 9:00am from our Clyde Depot where you will be fitted on your bikes then briefed about your tour. We then transport you to Omakau where you will start your ride to Wedderburn. The highlight of today’s ride is through the Poolburn Gorge, featuring tunnels and viaducts in a secluded rocky setting. The gorge then opens out to the vast expanse of the Ida Valley, made famous by the paintings of Graham Sydney. Oturehua is a good lunch stop with the old Gilchrist’s Store and the Oturehua Tavern. Other attractions in this area include the historic Hayes Engineering Workshop, and the remains of the Golden Progress Mine just beyond Oturehua. Your accommodation is in Wedderburn and dinner can be arranged at the Wedderburn.
DAY 3 WEDDERBURN TO HYDE
From Wedderburn, the ride is mostly downhill to Ranfurly, the Art Deco Capital of Otago. The trail then passes through the small town of Waipiata – a great stop for a cold drink or lunch. The day’s highlight must be the scenic section between Daisybank and Hyde with the Taieri River close by, and the Capburn and Prices Creek Bridges, followed by the last tunnel before reaching Hyde. The shuttle bus will pick you up mid-afternoon from here and take you back to Clyde, then onwards to Queenstown.
DAY 4 DEPART QUEENSTOWN
Today you have free time for some last minute shopping and sightseeing before your flight home.
Image 1 & 2: Miles Holden
Image 3 & 4: Clare Toia-Bailey
> More Holidays@Home deals
> Search for flights
Don't forget to download the House of Travel App to view your itinerary from your mobile phone!
Please note that full terms and conditions apply - see your House of Travel consultant for details.
• $50pp non-refundable deposit due at time of booking
• Prices are per person in NZ dollars for cash or cheque purchase only.
• Package price is based on share twin and is correct at the time of submission and is subject to change without notice.
• Valid for sales until sold out.
• Valid for travel as specified. Blackout periods may apply.
• All prices and products are subject to availability at time of reservation.
• Prices may vary due to a number of factors including tax and surcharge increases, exchange rate movements and availability.
• Some surcharges and closeouts may apply over special event periods and over school holidays.
• Inclusions are subject to change based on supplier operational capabilities.
• Rail Trail - Luggage transfers: 1 bag per person – limit 15kg per bag. E-bike upgrade is subject to availability.
• Wedderburn Tavern dinner not included in price.
• Cancellation and Amendment fees apply.
• Airfares are not included and are an additional cost. Please ask your House of Travel consultant for the best option to suit your needs.
Quote package code: ANZ204DRTH
HOT Code: CMPNZHOLS20
HOT privacy statement