Register / Login
UK & Europe
Kia Orana Cook Islands!
NZ Family Breaks
NZ Fly & Stay
NZ Short Breaks
Cruise in to 2021/22
All on sale.
Club Med - All Inclusive
USA & Canada
South Africa & Middle East
Business Class flights
Special needs or children (2-15yrs) travelling alone?
Stopover or Multi-city? Please fill in this enquiry form.
Need more rooms or children in rooms?
AFRICA | ASIA | AUSTRALIA | PACIFIC ISLANDS | THE AMERICAS | UK & EUROPE
Until sold out
4 nights, meals & activities from
Up to 3 people in a Cottage SuiteAsk about flights & rental car
Recapturing the gracious lifestyle of a bygone era, Wharekauhau Country Estate is a luxury lodge with award winning style situated on a five thousand acre working farm on the southeast coast of the North Island. Framed by the Rimutaka Ranges to the west and Palliser Bay to the east, the lodge is surrounded by ancient, native forest, spectacular rugged beaches, bountiful rivers and tranquil lakes. Dotted throughout the extensive grounds, each of the thirteen charming Cottage Suites offer magnificent ocean views with complete privacy and seclusion. The main lodge is modelled on the lines of an Edwardian country mansion with open wood burning fireplaces, mullioned windows and country style kitchen. With 5,000 acres of rolling farmland and native bush choices abound for walking, biking, horse riding and ATV adventures. Explore the historic property to see sheep dogs and the shearing shed at work. Discover the pleasures of local Martinborough wineries that produce Pinot Noir equal to anything Burgundy has on offer.
For the FIRST TIME EVER Wharekauhau is offering 4 & 5-night week long packages around the school holidays. Spring school holidays are on the horizon, and why not support local and get the family back out in the country enjoying some wide open spaces, cosy family-time, and mastering some new outdoor pursuits! Imagine taking the family out down the road less travelled to one of the rural regions of New Zealand and being party some such wonderful experiences as - Hiking Mt Wharekauhau and stop by the chicken hutch on the return collect the eggs; Get the hand-eye co-ordination going with some Sporting Clay Targets; Hone the culinary skills with some cooking classes with lodge Chefs; Family dinners (…Or private dinners for the parents); Duck away for some massages, pool-time, or a quiet Chardonnay in your own thoughts.
✔ Accommodation in a Cottage Suites (up to 3 adults/children total)
✔ Nightly pre-dinner drinks and canapes
✔ Evening 4 course degustation menus
✔ 1 night Wharekauhau “farmers feast” dinner
✔ Daily full farmhouse breakfast
✔ Minibar (excluding wine and spirits)
✔ Sporting Clay Target Shoot for up to 3 people
✔ Guided Farm Tour of the estate
✔ $200 food and beverage credit
Ask us about flights and rental car
School Holidays package
Valid for arrival date 27 September – 02 October 2020
The total cost for up to 3 people for five nights in a Cottage Suite is $6995
Valid for arrival date 04 October – 08 October 2020
The total cost for up to 3 people for four nights in a Cottage Suite is $5595
> More Holidays@Home deals
> Search for flights
Don't forget to download the House of Travel App to view your itinerary from your mobile phone!
Please note that full terms and conditions apply - see your House of Travel consultant for details.
* $150pp non-refundable deposit plus 15% due at the time of booking.
• Package price is based on share twin and is priced in New Zealand Dollars. Pricing is correct at the time of submission but is subject to change without notice.
• Valid for sales until sold out.
• Valid for travel as listed above. Blackout periods may apply
• School Holidays weeks based on 2 adults or 2 children per cottage, should a rollaway bed be required there will be an additional package charge, max occupancy per cottage is 3 persons.
• All prices and products are subject to availability at time of reservation.
• Prices may vary due to a number of factors including tax and surcharge increases, exchange rate movements and availability.
• Prices are per person in NZ dollars for cash or cheque purchase only.
• Some surcharges and closeouts may apply. Surcharges may apply over special event periods and over school holidays.
• Inclusions are subject to change based on operational capabilities.
• Cancellation and Amendment fees apply.
• Airfares are not included and are an additional cost. Please ask your House of Travel consultant for the best option to suit your needs.
Supplier code: SX
HOT Code: CMPNZHOLS20
HOT privacy statement