Register / Login
UK & Europe
P&O Cruises Upgrade Sale
Stay & Cruise Queenstown
City, Pools and Whalesfor families
TranzAlpine & West Coast
Stars, Lakes & Mountains
Summer in the Bay of Islands
Relax & Wine Down
Stonefly Lodge Luxury
All on sale.
Club Med - All Inclusive
USA & Canada
South Africa & Middle East
Business Class flights
Special needs or children (2-15yrs) travelling alone?
Stopover or Multi-city? Please fill in this enquiry form.
Need more rooms or children in rooms?
AFRICA | ASIA | AUSTRALIA | PACIFIC ISLANDS | THE AMERICAS | UK & EUROPE
Until 16 Oct 20 by 4pm
4 nights & activities from
per person family shareBased on 2 adults & 2 kids (5-13 years)
✔ 2 nights accommodation at Ramada Suites Christchurch in a Two Bedroom
✔ General Family Admission to the International Antarctic Centre
✔ 1 night accommodation at the St James Hanmer Springs in a Two Bedroom Suite
✔ Entry into Hanmer Springs Thermal Pools & Spa
✔ 1 night accommodation at the Bella Vista Kaikoura in a One Bedroom Unit
✔ Kaikoura Whale Watch trip
Ask us about flights and rental car
Add on Christchurch Tram and Gondola for only $31 per person
5 day family holiday
From $499 per person family share
Travel: 15 Sep-11 Oct 20
Add on a SUV rental car for an additional $118 per person family share
From $519 per person family share
Travel: 12 Oct-19 Dec 20
Add on a SUV rental car for an additional $124 per person family share
From $530 per person family share
Travel: 20 Dec 20-31 Mar 21
Add on a SUV rental car for an additional $138 per person family share
*Family share is based on 2 adults and 2 kids (5-13 years)
DAY 1 – CHRISTCHURCH
Arrive into Christchurch and check in to the Ramada Suites Christchurch. Explore the central city with an optional Christchurch Tram ride, one of Christchurch’s leading attractions. Stop at the Margaret Mahy Playground, before grabbing a bite to eat at the Riverside Market. Spend the afternoon at the Antarctic Centre, a ‘must do’ fun, interactive and authentic Antarctic experience. Hang out with Little Blue Penguins, buckle up for the exciting Hagglund ride, take an awesome simulated 4D Antarctic cruise, then watch a stunning movie on a MASSIVE screen!
DAY 2 – CHRISTCHURCH TO HANMER SPRINGS
Drive to Hanmer Springs. Relax and play at the Hanmer Springs Thermal Pools & Spa. You can unwind the way you want to - from relaxing in the natural environment of the thermal pools to splashing your way through some serious waterslide fun. Stay the night at 5-star St James Hanmer Spring, just off the main street of the Hanmer Springs village.
DAY 3 – HANMER SPRINGS TO KAIKOURA
Drive to Kaikoura. Go Whale Watching – you will be introduced to the magnificent Sperm Whale, also to migratory Humpback Whales (June & July), Orca (summer months), New Zealand's own tiny Hectors dolphin, the high spirited displays of the Dusky dolphins, New Zealand Fur seals and the Royal Albatross.
Dine on crayfish at Nins Bin or delicious seafood at the Kaikoura Seafood BBQ. Stay the night at Bella Vista Kaikoura.
DAY 4 – KAIKOURA TO CHRISTCHURCH
Drive to Christchurch. You could spend the afternoon at the Christchurch Adventure Park, downhill mountain biking or ziplining. Or if you want to take it easy, head to Lyttelton for a bite to eat or to the Christchurch Gondola for amazing city views. Enjoy dinner on The Terrace. Stay the night at the Ramada Suites Christchurch.
DAY 5 – CHRISTCHURCH
Spend the day in Akaroa and enjoy fish and chips on the beach. You could make some furry friends at Shamarra Alpacas or head to The Giant’s House for family photos with a difference! On your drive back to Christchurch, be sure to stop at Little River for an ice cream.
> More Holidays@Home deals
> Search for flights
Don't forget to download the House of Travel App to view your itinerary from your mobile phone!
Please note that full terms and conditions apply - see your House of Travel consultant for details.
• $50pp non-refundable deposit due at time of booking
• Prices are per person in NZ dollars for cash or cheque purchase only.
• Packages are based on 2 adults and 2 children (aged 5-13 years) sharing one room using existing bedding.
• Prices are correct at time of submission and is subject to change without notice
• Valid for sales until 16 October 2020 by 4pm unless sold out prior.
• Valid for travel as specified. Blackout periods may apply.
• All prices and products are subject to availability at time of reservation.
• Prices may vary due to a number of factors including tax and surcharge increases, exchange rate movements and availability.
• Some surcharges and closeouts may apply over special event periods and over school holidays.
• Inclusions are subject to change based on supplier operational capabilities.
• Whale Watch cruise: Children under 3 years are not permitted. This may be higher on the day if sea conditions are rough.
• Cancellation and Amendment fees apply.
• Airfares are not included and are an additional cost. Please ask your House of Travel consultant for the best option to suit your needs.
Quote package code: ANZ205DCPWFH
HOT Code: CMPCH0920
HOT privacy statement