Register / Login
UK & Europe
Fly to Europe with Cathay Pacific
Plantation Island Resort Fiji
G Adventures New Year Sale
Canadian Rockies in style
Explore Canada's British Columbia
Fly to Europe with Singapore Airlines
2nd person flies to Europe for free.
School Holidays 2020.
Europe on sale.
P&O UK Cruises
2020 Olympic Games.
All on sale.
Club Med - All Inclusive
USA & Canada
South Africa & Middle East
Business Class flights
Special needs or children (2-15yrs) travelling alone?
Stopover or Multi-city? Please fill in this enquiry form.
Need more rooms or children in rooms?
AFRICA | ASIA | AUSTRALIA | PACIFIC ISLANDS | THE AMERICAS | UK & EUROPE
Until 30 May 20 by 4pm
13 day/12 night tour from
per person share twinFlights are additional
Land of the Rising Sun with Intrepid
Take a mind-blowing tour of historic, cultural and modern Japan
Ever-welcoming and always fascinating, Japan is a land of ancient cultures, austere traditions and groundbreaking technology. Experience the best that this diverse country has to offer from the excitement of lively Tokyo to the sacred resting places of shoguns at Nikko. Feast on local delights at a Takayama market, make a sobering visit to the Hiroshima Peace Park and explore magnificent Kyoto temples. Discover ancient castles, lush countryside and fascinating feudal history on this authentic travel adventure. If you pack a good sense of humour and leave all inhibitions behind, the Land of the Rising Sun rarely disappoints.
✔ 12 nights Ryokan/Hotel accommodation
✔ 2 breakfasts & 2 dinners
✔ Sightseeing as mentioned & transport
Flights are additional
13 day/12 night tour
From $5750 per person share twin
Please contact your local House of Travel Agent for more dates & pricing
Day 1: Tokyo
Day 2: Tokyo/Nikko
Day 3: Nikko
Day 4: Hakone
Day 5: Hakone
Day 6: Takayama
Day 7: Takayama
Day 8: Hiroshima
Day 9: Hiroshima
Day 10: Hiroshima
Day 11: Kyoto
Day 12: Kyoto
Day 13: Kyoto
• Japan’s natural landscapes have something in store for every season: cherry blossoms in spring, stunning leaves in autumn and snow and ice in winter
• The town of Hakone. Not only are there glimpses of Mt. Fuji from here on a clear day and picture perfect hiking trails, this is also one of the best places to experience an outdoor onsen – hot springs bath
• There’s no better way to get around Japan than the country’s famous railway system. Be impressed by the efficiency and ultra-modernity as you zip from place to place with your included 14-day Japan Rail Pass.
• Stay in a ryokan (traditional Japanese inn) and sample simple home-cooked fare in Edo-era Takayama, explore local markets, the Hida Folk Village and perhaps stop by a sake brewery.
• A visit to the Hiroshima Peace Park is a sobering but important experience for understanding the tragedies of Japan’s not so distant past.
• Finish off your time in the Land of the Rising Sun with two days in Kyoto, the country’s “cultural capital” and home to a stunning selection of temples, tea houses and frozen-in-time zen gardens.
> Read more about Japan
Don't forget to download the House of Travel App to view your itinerary from your mobile phone!
Sale period to 30 May 20 • Prices are correct as at 02 Dec 19 • Prices are thereafter subject to change without notice until time of confirmation. Prices may vary due to a number of factors including tax and surcharge increases, exchange rate movements and availability • Prices are per person in NZ dollars for cash or cheque purchase only • Deposit of $400 per person per trip is required upon booking. If booking within 56 days of departure, full payment is due immediately. • All tours are subject to availability. Prices are based on twin share accommodation, low season. Prices, itineraries and inclusions are subject to change without notice. • Airfares are not included and are an additional cost •Please ask your House of Travel consultant for full details.
Contact House of Travel on 0800 713 715 for more information and the best airfare to match your holiday.
Supplier Code: HOT Product Adventure Team
HOT privacy statement