Register / Login
Come & Play in the Gold Coast!
NZ Winter Escapes
Winter Wonderland - Canterbury & the West Coast
Experience Vivid Sydney!
All on sale.
Club Med - All Inclusive
UK & Europe
USA & Canada
South Africa & Middle East
Business Class flights
Special needs or children (2-15yrs) travelling alone?
Stopover or Multi-city? Please fill in this enquiry form.
Need more rooms or children in rooms?
AFRICA | ASIA | AUSTRALIA | PACIFIC ISLANDS | THE AMERICAS | UK & EUROPE
Until 02 July 21 by 4pm unless sold out prior
5 nights, car hire & train journey from
per person share twin
✔ TranzAlpine one-way train journey Christchurch to Greymouth
✔ 5 days car hire with a Toyota Corolla Auto (or similar) pick up Greymouth, drop off Christchurch Airport
✔ 1 night in Christchurch at Ramada Suites in a Studio Room
✔ 2 nights in Franz Josef at Bella Vista in a King Studio with mountain view
✔ 1 Waiho Hot Tub Pass (or 2 people)
✔ 1 night accommodation at Bella Vista Hokitika in a Standard Queen Room with continental breakfast and complimentary upgrade to a Superior Studio + 15% off evening dining voucher for Pioneer Hotel
✔ 1 night accommodation at Bella Vista Hanmer Springs in a Standard Room with Light Continental breakfast
Ask us about flights
Travel:05-15 Aug & 02-30 Sep 21
TranzAlpine Train departs on Thurs & Fri
Add on Franz Josef Experiences
• Spectacular Franz Josef Helicopter with snow landing for $280 per person
• Franz Josef Heli Hike for $485 per person
DAY 1 – CHRISTCHURCH
Arrive into Christchurch and check in to your accommodation at Ramada Suites. Explore central Christchurch filled with boutique laneways, fresh hospitality and hidden gems. Dine with a difference on the Tramway Restaurant or one of the fantastic restaurants on offer.
DAY 2 – TAKE THE TRANZALPINE TRAIN TO THE WEST COAST
Board the TranzAlpine train to Greymouth. The TranzAlpine is one of the world’s great train journeys covering 223 kilometres and a South Island Must Do! The scenery is spectacular. On arrival into Greymouth, collect your rental car and head towards Franz Josef where you will stay for the next 2 nights.
DAY 3 – FRANZ JOSEF
Today is yours to explore what the gorgeous Glacier Country has to offer.
Enjoy a helicopter ride over spectacular scenery. From sea level rising to the heart of the magnificent Southern Alps, this 20 minute flight explores the icefalls on either the Franz Josef or Fox Glaciers. Experience the seclusion of a snow landing in this largely inaccessible alpine region.
Or Heli Hike on a Glacier, a once in a lifetime experience. After a thrilling flight, high above the rugged terrain, you will land on the glacier, ready to undertake up to two hours guided glacier hike. Your friendly guide will lead you through some of the most pristine and awe-inspiring glacier scenery in the world. He will choose your route carefully as you go and, with an eye for the most spectacular ice formations, you'll soon be making your way through an extraordinary land of towering peaks and glistening blue ice.
Finish the day with a dip in your own private hot tub at the Waiho Hot Tubs - the perfect way to unwind. Refilled with fresh water for every booking, and with the ability to set your own temperature through cooling or further heating the water, you can't help but enjoy these private pools on the West Coast.
DAY 4 – FRANZ JOSEF TO HOKITIKA
Today you leave Glacier country and head to Hokitika. Visit beautiful Hokitika Gorge, take a walk in the treetops of stunning native bush at the West Coast Treetop Walk and explore the many pounamu galleries.
DAY 5 –HOKITIKA TO HANMER SPRINGS
Enjoy the scenic drive inland to Hanmer Springs for your final night. Enjoy a soak in the Hanmer Springs Thermal Pools & Spa.
Day 6 – HANMER SPRINGS TO CHRISTCHURCH
Stop off at one of Waipara's vineyards today on your return trip to Christchurch.
> More Holidays@Home deals
> Search for flights
Don't forget to download the House of Travel App to view your itinerary from your mobile phone!
Please note that full terms and conditions apply - see your House of Travel consultant for details.
• Prices are per person in NZ dollars for cash or cheque purchase only.
• Package price is based on twin share and is correct at the time of submission and is subject to change without notice.
• Valid for sales until 02 July 2021 unless sold out prior.
• Valid for travel as specified. Blackout periods may apply and include 14 Jun, 8-26 July & 16 Aug 2021.
• TranzAlpine operates Thurs & Fri only.
• All prices and products are subject to availability at time of reservation.
• Prices may vary due to a number of factors including tax and surcharge increases, exchange rate movements and availability.
• Some surcharges and closeouts may apply over special event periods and over school holidays.
• Inclusions are subject to change based on supplier operational capabilities.
• Franz Josef flight is subject to suitable weather conditions. If flight is cancelled due to weather, your voucher can be put towards flights from the same company at Queenstown, Twizel or Mount Cook.
• Heli-hike weight limit of 115kgs applies. In some weather conditions it may be necessary to curtail the trip for your safety; in some cases this can happen as a result of rapidly changing weather conditions after the trip has been dispatched.
• Car hire is with Thrifty Rental Cars and subject to an excess on collection of the vehicle.
• Cancellation and Amendment fees apply.
• Airfares are not included and are an additional cost. Please ask your House of Travel consultant for the best option to suit your needs.
Quote package code: ANZ216DWCRTV2CNZ
HOT Code: CMPCNZ0621