Register / Login
More New Zealand
Amazing City Breaks
DC3 Vintage Air Safari
Orange ~ Stay Dreaming
Cruises on sale.
All on sale.
Club Med - All Inclusive
UK & Europe
USA & Canada
South Africa & Middle East
Business Class flights
Special needs or children (2-15yrs) travelling alone?
Stopover or Multi-city? Please fill in this enquiry form.
Need more rooms or children in rooms?
AFRICA | ASIA | AUSTRALIA | PACIFIC ISLANDS | THE AMERICAS | UK & EUROPE
Until 31 Mar 21 by 4pm unless sold out prior
5 nights, car hire & train journey from
per person share twinSAVE $179 PER PERSON
✔ TranzAlpine one-way train journey Christchurch to Greymouth
✔ 5 days car hire with a Holden Trax Auto (or similar) pick up Greymouth, drop off Christchurch Airport
✔ 1 night in Christchurch at Ramada Suites in a Studio Room
✔ 2 nights in Franz Josef at Bella Vista in a King Studio Mountain View Room
✔ Waiho Hot Tubs entry
✔ 2 nights in Arthur's Pass at The Bealey Hotel in a One Bedroom Studio
Ask us about flights
Travel: 01 Feb-18 Apr 21
TranzAlpine Train departs on Fri-Mon only
Franz Josef Experiences
• Classic Kayak for $130 per person
• Spectacular Franz Josef Helicopter with snow landing for $280 per person
• Franz Josef Heli Hike for $485 per person
DAY 1 – CHRISTCHURCH
Arrive into Christchurch and check in to your accommodation at Ramada Suites. Explore central Christchurch filled with boutique laneways, fresh hospitality and hidden gems. Dine with a difference on the Tramway Restaurant or one of the fantastic restaurants on offer.
DAY 2 – TAKE THE TRANZALPINE TRAIN TO THE WEST COAST
Board the TranzAlpine train to Greymouth. The TranzAlpine is one of the world’s great train journeys covering 223 kilometres and a South Island Must Do! The scenery is spectacular. On arrival into Greymouth, collect your rental car and head towards Franz Josef where you will stay for the next 2 nights.
DAY 3 – FRANZ JOSEF
Today is yours to explore what the gorgeous Glacier Country has to offer.
Kayak across Lake Mapourika’s reflective water, and take in the panoramic views of the surrounding tall peaks and glaciers. Once on the far side you will enter into a kiwi sanctuary set amongst some of Westland’s oldest untouched rainforest.
Enjoy a helicopter ride over spectacular scenery. From sea level rising to the heart of the magnificent Southern Alps, this 20 minute flight explores the icefalls on either the Franz Josef or Fox Glaciers. Experience the seclusion of a snow landing in this largely inaccessible alpine region.
Or Heli Hike on a Glacier, a once in a lifetime experience. After a thrilling flight, high above the rugged terrain, you will land on the glacier, ready to undertake up to two hours guided glacier hike. Your friendly guide will lead you through some of the most pristine and awe-inspiring glacier scenery in the world. He will choose your route carefully as you go and, with an eye for the most spectacular ice formations, you'll soon be making your way through an extraordinary land of towering peaks and glistening blue ice.
Finish the day with a dip in your own private hot tub at the Waiho Hot Tubs - the perfect way to unwind. Refilled with fresh water for every booking, and with the ability to set your own temperature through cooling or further heating the water, you can't help but enjoy these private pools on the West Coast.
DAY 4 – FRANZ JOSEF TO ARTHUR'S PASS
Today you leave Glacier country and head into the heart of the Southern Alps. Arthur's Pass is one of New Zealand’s few alpine villages and the village was established and grew as a resting place for horse-drawn coaches before they tackled Otira Gorge on the journey to the West Coast goldfields. Arthur's Pass is all about nature and scenery and there’s plenty of both to explore.
DAY 5 – ARTHUR'S PASS
Enjoy the fresh mountain air and head to the local Department of Conservation Visitor Centre as it is a wealth of information regarding walks in the area. The Devil's Punchbowl is a short, popular track with excellent photo opportunities in front of the falls. Watch out for cheeky Kea – the smart alpine parrot has been known to steal lunches and loves nibble on window wipers!
Day 6 – ARTHUR'S PASS TO CHRISTCHURCH
As you depart Arthur's Pass to head back to Christchurch there are a few places you must stop. Castle Hill where Scenes from The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe were filmed in this area and the easy walking track to the rocks provides a perfect place to stop for a bathroom break and to stretch your legs. Sheffield to try their “World Famous Sheffield Pie” and just before you arrive at Christchurch stop off at one of the wineries in West Melton to grab a take away bottle of locally produced wine. Melton Estate is a great place to stop and is just 10 mins from Christchurch.
> More Holidays@Home deals
> Search for flights
Don't forget to download the House of Travel App to view your itinerary from your mobile phone!
Please note that full terms and conditions apply - see your House of Travel consultant for details.
• $50pp non-refundable deposit due at time of booking
• Prices are per person in NZ dollars for cash or cheque purchase only.
• Package price is based on twin share and is correct at the time of submission and is subject to change without notice.
• Valid for sales until 31 March 2021 unless sold out prior.
• Valid for travel as specified. Blackout periods may apply.
• TranzAlpine operates Friday to Monday only.
• All prices and products are subject to availability at time of reservation.
• Prices may vary due to a number of factors including tax and surcharge increases, exchange rate movements and availability.
• Some surcharges and closeouts may apply over special event periods and over school holidays.
• Inclusions are subject to change based on supplier operational capabilities.
• Franz Josef flight is subject to suitable weather conditions. If flight is cancelled due to weather, your voucher can be put towards flights from the same company at Queenstown, Twizel or Mount Cook.
• Heli-hike weight limit of 115kgs applies. In some weather conditions it may be necessary to curtail the trip for your safety; in some cases this can happen as a result of rapidly changing weather conditions after the trip has been dispatched.
• Car hire is with Thrifty Rental Cars and subject to an excess on collection of the vehicle.
• Cancellation and Amendment fees apply.
• Airfares are not included and are an additional cost. Please ask your House of Travel consultant for the best option to suit your needs.
Quote package code: ANZ216DWCRT
HOT Code: CMPNZ020221