House of Travel logo

Italian Touring by Rental Car or Motorhome

Italian Touring by Rental Car or Motorhome

story by: Inspire France & Italy


Driving in Italy
In Europe the freewheeling experience becomes more challenging with driving on the right hand side of the road - and we’ve all heard the reputation about Italian drivers - but don’t be put off! The roads and autobahns are well surfaces and clearly signposted.  Most major roads do have toll stops so its often cheaper and more scenic to stay on the secondary roads.

Take into consideration the size of the vehicle and where you want to travel  Some small Italian towns have very narrow windy roads and a large vehicle would be impossible to navigate around these areas.  We recommend a minimum of 1.4 litre for 2 adults but ask your House of Travel specialist about the best requirement to suit your itinerary.

Think about:

  • What drivers licence do you have and what is required
  • Minimum age requirements (different countries have different variations)
  • Additional drivers
  • Deposits
  • One way fees
  • Optional equipment eg child seats, GPS, roof racks
  • Fuel policy
  • When you collect your rental car, often the European outlet will take a deposit of anywhere between 250-750 on your credit card as security.
  • Theft and Collision Damage Waiver may be offered as an option.

> Check out our HOT deals to Italy

> Click here for more UK & Europe deals


Enquire Now


HOT Privacy Statement

* required fields

Sign up for House of Travel emails: