1. The promoter is House of Travel Holdings Limited ("Promoter").
Conditions of Entry
2. Eligibility information and the prize offered form part of these Conditions of Entry. An individual that renders themself an Eligible Entrant is deemed to have accepted these Conditions of Entry.
3. Entry is open to residents of New Zealand aged 18 years or older, who comply with the requirements set out in point 4.
4. Only those people who are eligible for travel and meet the Government and Airline travel requirements, have the appropriate valid passports, visas and documentation to travel to Australia can enter the draw. In the event the prize winner cannot travel for any reason (including the inability to travel due to COVID-19), the prize will be forfeited.
5. Employees (and their immediate families) of House of Travel, its subsidiaries, related entities or agencies associated with the promotion are not eligible to participate.
Duration of Promotional Period
6. The promotion commences at 12.01am on Monday 18 September 2023 NZT and closes at 4.59pm on Friday 24 November 2023 NZT ("Promotion Period"). A Prize Winner will be drawn from the pool of Eligible Entrant at the end of the promotional period.
Selection of “Prize Winner”
7. There will be one (1) Prize Winner selected from the Eligible Entrants across the Promotion Period. Eligible Entrants must have booked a holiday to the Gold Coast with House of Travel between the dates in the promotional period (clause 6).
8. The Prize Winner must be able to provide a current, valid New Zealand Passport or New Zealand Driver’s License / other Valid ID to accept the prize.
9. The Prize Winner will be determined by a random [computer generated] prize draw on 04 December 2023 at the end of the Promotion Period. The draw will take place at the Promoter’s Head Office located at Level 2, Central Post Office, 12 Queen Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010 at 10:00am NZT. The Promoter reserves the right to draw additional reserve entries and record them in case an ineligible entrant is drawn. The Prize Winner need not be present at the draw.
10. The Prize Winner will be contacted by the Promoter via email or telephone beginning on Wednesday 06 December 2023 or as soon as possible thereafter.
11. The Prize Winner will have 15 days to claim the prize. If the prize has not been claimed by the Prize Winner after the 16th day of the Prize Winner being contacted by email or telephone, an unclaimed prize draw will be held at 10:00am NZT on the following day at the Promoter’s Head Office, Level 2, Central Post Office, 12 Queen Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010. The unclaimed prize draw will be a random [computer generated] prize draw. The winner of the unclaimed prize draw will be notified by email or telephone on the day of the unclaimed prize draw. All terms applicable to the Prize Winner will also apply to any winner of an unclaimed prize draw.
12. The decisions of House of Travel on all matters relating to this competition are final and no correspondence will be entered into. House of Travel reserves the right to verify the validity of an entry or a winner’s right to redeem the prize in accordance with these terms and conditions. House of Travel reserves the right to amend the prizes offered and these terms and conditions and in its absolute discretion cancel the competition at any time and without prior notice.
13. The prize consists of a AUD$500 Harbour Town Premium Outlets Gold Coast shopping gift card which must be used before 31 March 2025. The Prize Winner (by accepting a Prize) agrees that they will abide by the applicable terms and conditions for the use of the prize as notified by the Promoter and/or the prize issuer.
14. The Prize Winner must take the prize as offered. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, cannot be sold or exchanged for cash and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
15. The prize and use of the prize are subject to the standard terms and conditions of the Promoter. These terms and conditions can be found at https://www.houseoftravel.co.nz/house-of-travel-general-terms-and-conditions
16. Entering the competition constitutes a winner’s consent for House of Travel to use his or her name and city/town of residence for publicity purposes without compensation. This includes House of Travel’s website, direct and social media channels and PR.
17. Any personal information collected as part of this competition will be held by House of Travel in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993. You have the right to access, update and correct such information.
19. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not responsible or liable for:
a. inaccurate/incorrect transcription of entry information;
b. purported entries that are not received for any reason, including because they are lost, misdirected or stolen, or that are received, but are late, illegible, incomplete, sent with insufficient postage (where entry is by post), or sent other than as directed in the entry instructions;
c. any problems or technical failures of any kind, including malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems or network, servers or providers, computer equipment, or software;
d. the unavailability or inaccessibility of any service whether or not caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website;
e. unauthorised human intervention in any part of the promotion;
f. electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the promotion;
g. any loss suffered or sustained, to person or property and including, but not limited to, consequential (including economic) loss in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to a Prize Winner and, where applicable, to any family/persons accompanying a Prize Winner; or
h. any injury or damage to persons or property, including to the participant's or any other person's computer related to, or resulting from, participation or downloading any materials in this promotion.
20. The Promoter will not be liable for personal injury suffered in connection with the participation in this promotion or with the use of the prize offered, except to the extent caused directly by the Promoter's negligence.
21. The above conditions do not affect, and are not intended to affect, any rights a consumer might have, which cannot be excluded under applicable consumer protection laws. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of the Promoter or its servants or agents for breach of any such rights is limited to the payment of the cost of having the prize supplied again.
23. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Conditions of Entry or to cancel, alter or amend the promotion at any stage if deemed necessary in its opinion or if circumstances arise outside of its control without awarding any compensation. These Conditions of Entry shall be subject to the laws of New Zealand.
24. These Conditions of Entry shall supersede all other prior terms and conditions, understandings, arrangements or agreements, whether verbal or written, in relation to the promotion. This promotion is a game of chance. Skill plays no part in this promotion.