The Personal Travel Manager (PTM) Model
House of Travel’s personal travel manager model is unique to the travel industry, and different to the traditional travel broker model.
Each personal travel manager is contracted to a local House of Travel retail outlet and operates as an additional mobile sales resource. This means they leverage off the good name and reputation of the local outlet as well as the positive reputation that the House of Travel brand enjoys with New Zealand consumers.
For those in the travel industry, mobile consulting is an opportunity to create a better work-life balance and take ownership for developing a career on their own terms - whilst customers see it as an alternate way to purchase travel related products and services in a way that offers them the flexibility and the freedom to do this in their time and according to their individual needs.
The addition of the PTM to House of Travel is not only a way to further add value to our customers and give them more choice but it also offers current and prospective employees with a new and very exciting career opportunity.
Why Become a HOT PTM?
• If you’re craving more control over your career, work/life balance, and earning potential - this is not only a career step but a lifestyle choice as well
• It’s about flexibility and freedom of choice so anyone from a mother returning to the work-force to an experienced travel consultant can give it a go, they just need to have the drive to succeed and understand that the risks are similar to embarking on any individual business venture.
• We offer attractive commission splits
• You will have an alliance with a well respected and recognised, New Zealand owned brand
• You will receive the support of a successful House of travel outlet
• We will have a dedicated PTM intranet page to help you keep in contact with fellow PTMs
• You get a personalised web page
• We offer access to affordable personal indemnity insurance
• We offer international access to IT solutions to allow you to manage your business
• You get access to our systems, such as GDS – Amadeus
• We offer preferred supplier commission rates
• We offer a web based - automated airfare system
• We deliver daily fares/ticketing updates
• You get a structured induction on all relevant tools and systems
Who makes a Successful HOT PTM?
• A motivated self starter
• Ambitious and want to own your own business and be working from home
• Outgoing and keen to get out and about to meet new people
• Passionate about travel and would love to create the ultimate customer experience
• Committed to delivering strong customer service
• Have a real attention to detail
• An experienced travel consultant who knows what it takes to succeed in the travel industry and looking for a new challenging opportunity
• An experienced sales professional with a strong network through which you can develop and grow your business you business and grow
• Ready to return to the workforce and have been looking for the right opportunity that allows the family, work balance to be managed by you.
More about the PTM
• PTM’s are self employed and GST registered.
• As the PTM’s relationship is associated with a House of Travel outlet, their customers have protection through our TAANZ bonding scheme.
• PTM’s have the advantage of buying through our preferred travel wholesalers and suppliers through which House of Travel has been able to access a vast product range at great prices.
• Both parties are bound by a confidentiality agreement.
• For this concept to work effectively it requires a strong commercial relationship to be established between the owner operator and the PTM.
• It is envisaged the owner operator and the PTM will operate as a team jointly creating a sales and marketing strategy to optimise the opportunity within the community.
What Will You Need?
• Desktop or laptop computers capable of performing everyday business functions
• Operating system must be Windows XP Home or Professional.
• Microsoft Office Small Business, Professional 200, XP 2003 or 2007. (This will include Word, Excel, Outlook Power point etc.).
• Adobe Acrobat Reader – Download the latest version for free.
• An Anti-Virus software preferably Norton Anti-Virus or Nod32.
Contact Us to Find out More
If the opportunity to own your own business by becoming a House of Travel Personal Travel Manager sounds right for you, then contact Lauren Walsh-McDonnell. Lauren can put you in touch with the right person to get you started down the path of becoming a successful House of Travel Personal Travel Manager.
Phone: 09 358 8271
PO Box: 2837